• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Status FY 13

exNavyOffRec

Here is what that status is as of Friday June 1st. This is ONLY for FY 13 status.

SWO - goal of 133, 121 identified
Surface ED - goal of 3, 0 identified
Surface IP - goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface Oceno - goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface IW - goal of 5, 4 identified
Seal - goal of 17, selection process started
EOD - goal of 10, selection process started
NFO - goal of 32, 26 identified
Pilot - goal of 206, 122 identified

AMDO - goal of 3, 3 identified CLOSED
IP - goal of 0, 2 identified CLOSED
IW - goal of 0, 13 identified CLOSED
INTEL - goal of 7, 28 identified CLOSED
PAO - goal of 1, filling with fleet applicants ONLY
Oceano - goal of 0, 1 identified CLOSED
Supply - goal of 30, 69 identified CLOSED
CEC - goal of 17, 33 identified CLOSED

exNavyOffRec

well, the thing is they changed how boards were done and so in the past it was a little at a time, not like now, but in general between that and some other items things are a bit tighter.

Rik

NacOffRec,

I'm a little confused with the numbers posted. I just got off the phone with the AMDO community manager today, June 4th and he told me that they were having a board on August 20th, but most likely not going to in February. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

exNavyOffRec

NacOffRec,

I'm a little confused with the numbers posted. I just got off the phone with the AMDO community manager today, June 4th and he told me that they were having a board on August 20th, but most likely not going to in February. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

This is only for OCS boards, there are lateral transfer boards, but status as of Friday is that nothings available, the Feb board would be for FY 14 or if goal increases they could select a few more for FY 13.

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
What exactly does "identified" mean?

It looks like the Navy wants more pilots than NFOs. That is surprising since some people want to be SNAs, fail depth perception at MEPS, pass approved depth perception test elsewhere, yet are still NPQ for SNA and steered into SNFO.

DeepSeaNess

PRO-BOARD EOD/SWO-ED
Here is what that status is as of Friday June 1st. This is ONLY for FY 13 status.

SWO - goal of 133, 121 identified
Surface ED - goal of 3, 0 identified
Surface IP - goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface Oceno - goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface IW - goal of 5, 4 identified
Seal - goal of 17, selection process started
EOD - goal of 10, selection process started
NFO - goal of 32, 26 identified
Pilot - goal of 206, 122 identified

AMDO - goal of 3, 3 identified CLOSED
IP - goal of 0, 2 identified CLOSED
IW - goal of 0, 13 identified CLOSED
INTEL - goal of 7, 28 identified CLOSED
PAO - goal of 1, filling with fleet applicants ONLY
Oceano - goal of 0, 1 identified CLOSED
Supply - goal of 30, 69 identified CLOSED
CEC - goal of 17, 33 identified CLOSED

NavyOffRec,
The FY13 boards for EOD "selection process already started" do you happen to know the deadline for package submission to be considered for FY 13 accessions? NPC says August, but if this is true I am surprised the selection process has already started.

exNavyOffRec

What exactly does "identified" mean?

It looks like the Navy wants more pilots than NFOs. That is surprising since some people want to be SNAs, fail depth perception at MEPS, pass approved depth perception test elsewhere, yet are still NPQ for SNA and steered into SNFO.

Identified means people that have signed paperwork, or had paperwork issued, or been board selected.

Identified does not mean they have met goal, but they are on track.

The Navy always has more pilots than NFO's, generally you see a goal for NFO about 25% if pilot, now what you said is correct and that is part of the reason NFO is so low, people switch at OCS.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,
The FY13 boards for EOD "selection process already started" do you happen to know the deadline for package submission to be considered for FY 13 accessions? NPC says August, but if this is true I am surprised the selection process has already started.

They had talked about moving the deadline/possible printing error on original schedule, and since I don't have any EOD applicants this year I didn't push the issue. It is possible they did move the deadline, however most of the OCS EOD selections are prior service/currently on active duty.

jleex88

Supply Corps
For those of us in a community where there are more "identified" personnel than the goal...how would this play out in the assigning of ocs dates? Would some pro-recs potentially be pushed to the next fiscal year?
i.e. supply-goal of 30, 69 identified.

exNavyOffRec

For those of us in a community where there are more "identified" personnel than the goal...how would this play out in the assigning of ocs dates? Would some pro-recs potentially be pushed to the next fiscal year?
i.e. supply-goal of 30, 69 identified.
Well not all identified will sign, but it is a possibility some may get pushed, if goals stay the same and everyone signs

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
Identified means people that have signed paperwork, or had paperwork issued, or been board selected.

The Navy always has more pilots than NFO's, generally you see a goal for NFO about 25% if pilot, now what you said is correct and that is part of the reason NFO is so low, people switch at OCS.
Since there are a lot of people who switch from SNA to SNFO, I would think the Navy would welcome people (who meet all the requirements including vision) to switch from SNFO to SNA. But that isn't the case, is it?

john kalafatis

pro-rec IW

Does this mean a FY 12 IW pro-rec might wait a long time for a FS letter?

exNavyOffRec

Does this mean a FY 12 IW pro-rec might wait a long time for a FS letter?

If the goals don't go up who knows.

I will tell you what happened before when the IDC made selections and didn't pay attention to what NRC said about billets, they selected several for IP, overselected is a better term, then they figured they would roll the others to the next FY, but the goals went to nothing, so they rolled them again, nearly 2 years later these guys are now about to go to OCS.

When I look at the situation I see Deja Vu.