• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY15 IDC DCO Boards

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
As far as the age thing, (ability to get 20 prior to 60) I understood this as a requirement only to retire. If unable to get 20 prior to 60, you sign a form stating that you understand your inability to retire. This is what I understood, so not really a waiver to get approved. Am I right?

RickD

That's what I heard too. If I am lucky enough to get selected, I would need to sign a form foregoing retirement. I'm ok with that. Would I want a retirement, sure as heck would. But, there is more to it. My tank is not empty yet. If the USNR can get a few more miles out of me without having to fill me up at the end, I'm ok with that. I've learned a lot in my years, and I would love to pass that along to the next generation.

the board is march 16-20 i think. I would expect everyone would hear back from their recruiter by april 3. Some ppl hear back as early as the friday after the board concludes. BTW reading a lot of posts over the last few years, Ive noticed a lot of ppl going to MEPS after selection. My recruiter sent me before selection - Im already medically cleared for service. That being said, I would hope that would speed up the process with COMMDOCS etc. Anyone else in the same boat?!

I am also medically cleared!

From what I was told, previously they would do the medical portion after the board but there were way to many people that got DQ'd from medical and the Navy lost on a new Ensign.

RickD

My recruiter mentioned nothing of the sorts, about anything actually. It seems all is hinging on my EPRs, which are sitting in queue at the National Archives - MPRC. I started a Motivational Statement just in case all this moves forward, I don't want to be behind the 8-ball. Hopefully he'll mention something to me about what is needed, when it's needed, and so on......

He stated nothing about MEPS, any needed testing, MS, etc... Do I need to take the OAR?

My recruiter mentioned nothing of the sorts, about anything actually. It seems all is hinging on my EPRs, which are sitting in queue at the National Archives - MPRC. I started a Motivational Statement just in case all this moves forward, I don't want to be behind the 8-ball. Hopefully he'll mention something to me about what is needed, when it's needed, and so on......

He stated nothing about MEPS, any needed testing, MS, etc... Do I need to take the OAR?

OAR is not needed for the Reserves.
I didn't have to go to MEPS because I'm currently still in so I just needed to gather all the medical stuff for them; I just scheduled an appointment at the base clinic and had everything knocked out in a day. However, if you are separated for a certain length of time then MEPS would be required if I understand correctly.

You're doing the right thing, by getting ahead of the curve, you'll want to make sure you have everything ready before the next board!

erancel

devil warfighter
package is now sent we shall see what happens. i've heard rumors that candidates find out as early as the week following the board.

package is now sent we shall see what happens. i've heard rumors that candidates find out as early as the week following the board.

erancel,

Best of luck to you! Is this your first submission? What are your quals? It seems like everyone is pretty competitive! Which designator(s) did you put in for?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Ultimately, I just want the USN and the USNR to take the best of the best. This affects us all whether directly or indirectly. As a veteran, I want nothing more than a solid military filled with outstanding enlisted/officer personnel. If that includes me, great. If my time has come and gone - I can only hope my replacement is better than me.
RickD, that is the right mindset to adopt. I have adopted it myself, to an extent. This is my 3rd application to the IDC Reserve, and I am not sure I want to go a 4th time if I'm not selected in March.

I am not trying to force my foot in the door; I genuinely believe (as you seem to) that Millington should only take the top candidates, and if I'm not in that group, then there is a reason why it's what's best for the IDC, and I am okay with it. I can only put my best foot forward and see.

A friend of mine in the CIA went through all 5 months of the case officer training course at the farm, only to not certify. She was disheartened - but I reminded her that they non-cert'd her for a reason, and it's probably what's best for her and the organization. All the SDR work made her high-strung and anxious. She would have been genuinely unhappy if they glossed over concerns, cert'd her anyway, and then she spent the rest of her professional career in some sandbox running SDRs. They kinda saved her a decade of heartache.

So RickD, have you considered becoming a Navy civilian in the IDC? With all your experience and prior AF service, you could probably make GS-14/15, and step into a role where you are supervising LCDRs and Senior Chiefs in a branch/division. And, don't forget you can still deploy downrange (and do weapons training and so forth) as a civilian.

Last edited:

RickD

So RickD, have you considered becoming a Navy civilian in the IDC?

To be honest, I would take a pretty good pay cut if I went that route. I do pretty good in the civilian sector. Also, I would probably have to relocate. Going the Reserve route into IDC, I get to re-serve my country and mentor the next generation (as well as be mentored myself) all without having to uproot my family. I do wish other branches offered similar opportunities - you know - give us old folks a few options ;)

das

Contributor
Those seeking a commission in IW may be interested in this event:

The first in a series of live engagements on YouTube, IDC Self Synchronization Live interviews LCDR Chad Smith, Information Warfare Officer Detailer.

When: Sunday, March 8, 2015, 4:00pm EDT
Where: Live on YouTube

Ask your questions live on YouTube during the event!

For more, follow IDCsync on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Not really sure what else I could have done for the intel board. We shall see
warfighter: impressive. I'd be shocked if you are not selected. Your qualifications far outpace my own. Just like Crossfit... there's always someone else in the gym who's stronger/ better/ faster.

RickD

Hoping MPRC can send my records in time. Having a complete package may not be feasible unless I get my EPRs. Multiple request submitted, formally asked for expedited service (via phone, fax, and online form), stated the reason, and they still tell me "well, maybe May".

Arghhhh :mad:

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

When I called Navy Personnel command, they told me to write *urgent* on the fax and they would expedite, and would receive within 2 weeks. I did not receive after 2, so I called. Was told they had no record of request. I sent another fax and received the CD the next day. I thought that was quick! Received the second one 5 days later. CD was missing the same FITREPS as my own copy, go figure.

Good luck man,

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

When I called Navy Personnel command, they told me to write *urgent* on the fax and they would expedite, and would receive within 2 weeks. I did not receive after 2, so I called. Was told they had no record of request. I sent another fax and received the CD the next day. I thought that was quick! Received the second one 5 days later. CD was missing the same FITREPS as my own copy, go figure.

Good luck man,