• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
senso-console-sh2f-c1988.jpg

How us "old farts" did it...photo is courtesy of Robert Beach..."Lamplighter 342" restoration project in Huntsville, AL

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
I will have to put the pic I took at the gate after we took a seagull dead-center on the post between the CA/FO windscreens...We were landing on RWY 08 in PHL and on short final...Went IFR from bird guts and blood...Had to land with the ball out to see where we were going! taxiing was equally a challenge...Most unusual "bird strike" was actually a bat while in the GCA box in the P.I. We didn't notice it inflight...( I was an AW, and snoozing...). I found the remains during the D&T later that evening...Had the engine on-mount bore scoped...

danpass

At Ft Lauderdale Executive, KFXE, a while back

p1400114106-4.jpg

p1400115010-4.jpg

These two took off one behind the other

p1400115148-4.jpg

p1400113138-4.jpg

At Kendall-Tamiami Executive, KTMB

p1366118152-4.jpg

p1366118322-4.jpg

When I saw this land right there at the airport I went over to the landing area. Turned out to be the Fire Station. I knocked on the door and no one answered. But just two minutes later an officer came by and I requested a tour of the helos.

Three minutes after that he came back out and brought me in and I chatted with one pilot for about half an hour

There was this one and another one in the hangar (having a bird strike repaired).

Fascinating stuff.

Opa-Locka Executive, KOPF. I was right seat in a Cirrus and we came in behind this USCG plane.

p1095961002-4.jpg

Caught it again while we were taxiing

p1095961026-4.jpg

p1095961040-4.jpg

This one on I-95 south of Port Malabar, FL lol

p830336068-4.jpg

Hehe :D

p986113075-4.jpg

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
I was fortunate enough to be near an A-26 taxiing by and it was such a cool sight/sound.

Love that radial thrumming - can't imagine what it was like standing on an airfield in England when a B-17 raid launched.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
That did surprise me BzB, besides head on passes and the diamond formations most of it was just v formations (plus #4 in the slot), echelons, spreads, and trails. I was thinking, huh, those are the same formations I could potentially be flying. Albeit, I will be lucky if I have 10% of the talent that those guys have. :D

I wonder what it is like going back to the fleet for those guys after their tour is done. They probably can keep formation without breaking any sort of a sweat. :cool:
The two guys I know personally from the 2009-2010 team...Corky and Gopher, are two of the nicest, most humble guys I ever met and they were part of the air wing on my ship after they were part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.