• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Boards and scores

maysoe

Since i am engineering my really first choice is Engineering Duty Officer (SWO) but since i have lower score on OAR i just assume that i will get selected as Supply. i though Civil Engineer Corps only can be if you are Civil Engineer. That the reason i put SWO then Supply. I didn't know i have any other choice (branch) for my major. I really want to be Navy officer but i don't want to waste my degree. any other suggestion for me?

maysoe

This may read a bit bluntly, but please don't take it as a knock. You should definitely apply no matter what anyone says if this is what you want to do.

There's no possible way to assign a % to a package. You want to get more LORs. You should look into interviewing with a Supply O5+. You should increase your OAR score (50 is competitive). You don't have a business degree and only have a 3.3 GPA. I'm not saying you wouldn't be picked up, but you probably wouldn't be in the top range of applicants. Work on the OAR and do an interview - both will help immensely.

V/r
JD
Ohh thanks for advice. but how can i get into interviewing with a Supply O5+ ? i will go ahead and put my package in. then if i don't get selective i will try OAR again on next 90 days.

xltn

SWO is not Engineering Duty Officer. SWO is Surface Warfare Officer. they drive ships. And no, supply selection rate is lower than SWO's

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Since i am engineering my really first choice is Engineering Duty Officer (SWO) but since i have lower score on OAR i just assume that i will get selected as Supply. i though Civil Engineer Corps only can be if you are Civil Engineer. That the reason i put SWO then Supply. I didn't know i have any other choice (branch) for my major. I really want to be Navy officer but i don't want to waste my degree. any other suggestion for me?
You don't have to be a civil engineer to join the CEC. They have preferred engineering majors, civil, mechanical, electrical, but will look at others provided they are ABET accredited. Is your ChemE degree from an ABET accredited program?

maysoe

SWO is not Engineering Duty Officer. SWO is Surface Warfare Officer. they drive ships. And no, supply selection rate is lower than SWO's

I will really need to ask my recruiter , He said Engineering Duty Officer is under SWO and also he said SWO is something i can use my degree. that the reason i choose SWO first choice then supply

maysoe

You don't have to be a civil engineer to join the CEC. They have preferred engineering majors, civil, mechanical, electrical, but will look at others provided they are ABET accredited. Is your ChemE degree from an ABET accredited program?

Yes, Chemical Engineering is ABET accredited program. it even counted as Pre-med. more like Processing chemical Plant Engineering . but nothing connect with civil engineer so i didn't think about look at that. I just told my recruiter . I want to join Navy but still want to use my degree so he just show me SWO & Supply.

exNavyOffRec

Yes, Chemical Engineering is ABET accredited program. it even counted as Pre-med. more like Processing chemical Plant Engineering . but nothing connect with civil engineer so i didn't think about look at that. I just told my recruiter . I want to join Navy but still want to use my degree so he just show me SWO & Supply.

well, take this into account, there are many, so many SWO's who have had and will have successful careers and even command ships that are History, Psych, Sociology, Drama, and several other non tech degrees and have not had an issue, so that should let you know how much you will or will not use your Chem E. degree, I am wondering how much you recruiter knows about what the different designators do.

maysoe

well, take this into account, there are many, so many SWO's who have had and will have successful careers and even command ships that are History, Psych, Sociology, Drama, and several other non tech degrees and have not had an issue, so that should let you know how much you will or will not use your Chem E. degree, I am wondering how much you recruiter knows about what the different designators do.
I will go sit and talk to him more tomorrow. i think i got better information here then from him . I am not quite sure about how much he understand but sound like there a lot of staff i have to research again. I really want to be Navy Officer but my parent doesn't agree with me since they though Engineer Degree will be a waste. So i want to show them that i can do both as Navy Officer and also Engineer.

exNavyOffRec

I will go sit and talk to him more tomorrow. i think i got better information here then from him . I am not quite sure about how much he understand but sound like there a lot of staff i have to research again. I really want to be Navy Officer but my parent doesn't agree with me since they though Engineer Degree will be a waste. So i want to show them that i can do both as Navy Officer and also Engineer.

To be completely honest the amount of engineering work that you do in the USN will not come close to what you could do as a civilian in the right job, we have even had nuclear officers who enter the program with non tech degrees that are very successful, as an example one of my Reactor Officers was a History major.

maysoe

To be completely honest the amount of engineering work that you do in the USN will not come close to what you could do as a civilian in the right job, we have even had nuclear officers who enter the program with non tech degrees that are very successful, as an example one of my Reactor Officers was a History major.
Yes, I have a friend who become Nuke with math major too. I feel more confident now. Thanks you so much i have decided to join Navy since that was my choice with full motivated.

kns1224

I am curious if I have a chance to get picked up for supply with a Master of Science in Exercise Science and Health Promotion (3.875 GPA) and a
Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies (3.944 GPA).

I have lots of volunteer work, I am CPR/AED certified, and I am also a personal trainer and a yoga instructor.

My OAR was only a 42 though.