• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Boards and scores

jmeff

Hello everyone!

I took the OAR this morning and scored a 43. I will most likely take it again, but I wanted to see what my chances would be with this score to get into Supply.

Non-prior, 29 yr old female
BBA in marketing and in finance
GPA 3.01
LOR will include my past 3 jobs, a retired Lieutenant Colonel who was also one of my professors
I have started 2 nonprofits as well but I'm not sure if that helps me. I was also on the executive board of a student organization in college.

Thanks for any advice!

Do you have any supply or logistics experience?

L.Stewart

Not exactly but I've been in positions that have a logistics component. I worked for a home builder and assisted accounting as far as determining supplies needed and ordering them. All my other "logistics" experience is in event planning. I've also been a project manager. I'm not sure if any of this counts as logistics experience as I've never termed it as such. Logistics and supply chain management is what I will be going to grad school for though at some point in the near future.

exNavyOffRec

Hello everyone!

I took the OAR this morning and scored a 43. I will most likely take it again, but I wanted to see what my chances would be with this score to get into Supply.

Non-prior, 29 yr old female
BBA in marketing and in finance
GPA 3.01
LOR will include my past 3 jobs, a retired Lieutenant Colonel who was also one of my professors
I have started 2 nonprofits as well but I'm not sure if that helps me. I was also on the executive board of a student organization in college.

Thanks for any advice!

well, you are over the age limit so you cannot apply for Supply as a non prior.

L.Stewart

My recruiter said that I would have to enter OCS while I'm 29 and I do not turn 30 until August. Did he give me incorrect information? Thank you for your response!

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter said that I would have to enter OCS while I'm 29 and I do not turn 30 until August. Did he give me incorrect information? Thank you for your response!

yes, all age limits are "commissioned by" ages, this is a basic knowledge thing for Officer Recruiters, do you know how long he has been doing this or what his rank is?

exNavyOffRec

I'm not sure how long he has been a recruiter but he is an E7.

He may be new or an enlisted recruiter that just started doing officer recruiting, either way since you are over the age limit for most programs your options are limited to the most difficult designators to get into which are any IDC designators.

L.Stewart

He may be new or an enlisted recruiter that just started doing officer recruiting, either way since you are over the age limit for most programs your options are limited to the most difficult designators to get into which are any IDC designators.
I was reviewing the program authorization for supply and it says you have to be at least 21 years old but no older than 42 at the time of commissioning. Perhaps I am reading it wrong? I just want to make sure before I pursue other options. http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publicatio...horizations/PA 227 Supply signed May 2013.pdf

Thank you again for the information!

exNavyOffRec

I was reviewing the program authorization for supply and it says you have to be at least 21 years old but no older than 42 at the time of commissioning. Perhaps I am reading it wrong? I just want to make sure before I pursue other options. http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PAs/NEW Program Authorizations/PA 227 Supply signed May 2013.pdf

Thank you again for the information!

That is the PA for reserve supply officer, given your experience and age I thought you were applying for active supply officer via OCS.

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PAs/NEW Program Authorizations/Supply PA 102 signed March 2013.pdf

monom

I just took the OAR portion of the ASTB last Friday and said that I would be a good candidate for Supply Officer. I am not currently seeking an aviation position but maybe later on in the future. I am wanting to take the aviation portion of the ASTB just to see where I am and out of curiosity. I am questioning my recruiters knowledge on somethings such as the ASTB, as he did not know that I could later take the aviation portion. Since Friday he has said " The Supply Corps added another Board date due to the amount of existing packages they already had." , when initially he said the board was around late spring. We are trying to submit the my SUPPO packet for convene date in February 2015. So my question is that if I take the aviation portion will it slow down the application process? Can my recruiter just send in the OAR scores or does he have to submit all the score for the whole ASTB for my packet? Thanks in advance!

exNavyOffRec

I just took the OAR portion of the ASTB last Friday and said that I would be a good candidate for Supply Officer. I am not currently seeking an aviation position but maybe later on in the future. I am wanting to take the aviation portion of the ASTB just to see where I am and out of curiosity. I am questioning my recruiters knowledge on somethings such as the ASTB, as he did not know that I could later take the aviation portion. Since Friday he has said " The Supply Corps added another Board date due to the amount of existing packages they already had." , when initially he said the board was around late spring. We are trying to submit the my SUPPO packet for convene date in February 2015. So my question is that if I take the aviation portion will it slow down the application process? Can my recruiter just send in the OAR scores or does he have to submit all the score for the whole ASTB for my packet? Thanks in advance!

It wasn't added it has been on the schedule since June, so you may be right about your recruiter.

Supply is very competitive, about 1 in 10 that apply are picked.

monom

My stats are as follows:

- OAR: 50
- Undergraduate Degree (completed)
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology - GPA 3.33
-Graduate Degree (currently working on, this is my first semester)
Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology with a concentration in Engineering Management - GPA 3.10
-5 LORs: Undergraduate Associates Head Professor for my major, 2 supervisors from my university, Retired Marine Corps Major, and Church Pastor

I wanted to ask my recruiter but I am having some trust issue with him. What are my chances of getting PROREC? It would be good to know where I stand. Thanks!

Last edited: