• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

You're gonna do WHAT to my SRB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

STA21pilot

Does anyone know for sure what the deal is here with the SRB we just got.

This is what I see on NSI's web-site.

"Just remember, under NO circumstances should you receive an SRB or SEB after applying to STA-21. Reference OPNAVINST 1160.6A provides additional clarification. Students who receive an erroneous SRB or SEB will be required to repay DFAS the entire amount."

So, if we applied in July, will we have to pay back our OCT SRB? Anyone, anyone...

STA21Pilot

Country Boy

Proud Father
All right, here's the deal. I talked this over with my CCC and there is a Navy Instruction governing this. Notice that it said SRB or SEB. If you re-enlisted AFTER your STA-21 application was in, then you should not get a bonus or you will have to pay it back. If you re-enlisted prior to putting a STA-21 application in, then you get to keep your SRB. You are also entitled to keep all installments of any approved SRB paid prior to the results coming out. So, if you're like me and you re-enlisted last year or anytime prior to starting your FY05 application, you get to keep your SRB and this October's installment. Otherwise, I hope you saved it, because they will take it back.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Congrats to you guys on selecting, best of luck in school, and enjoy it, I would go back and trade places with you in a heart beat, an excellent 3 years at UF (FY96ECP)!!

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
I got shafted on my SRB years ago....I was a direct input from the fleet to ROTC, before STA-21 was around and after I found out I was selected I didn't recieve any more installements. I'm not sure about the details but it seems the Navy's stance is 'we were giving you the money for the years you re-enlisted for, if your not going to be performing the job we deem in demand enough to give SRB bonuses, then we are not going to pay you'.....I know it sucks but when you think about it it is a pretty reasonable policy (I know I know...try telling that to your wallet.) :)

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
Country Boy is right. My hubby will hit his 2 year mark on the 13th of this month, and trust me, we threw every possible scenario at the CCC to see if he could reenlist early (b/c he'd get E-5), and the CCC said what was already posted. If the STA results were delayed past the 13th, hubby would have been able to reenlist, but he would not have been able to get the SRB (unless he later found out he was a non-select). If what you got in OCt was just an installment, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.