• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Your testing rights. ASTB-E RESULTS SUPPORT LINE.

madiego

I posted on this form a short while back talking about my horrendous experience taking the ASTB-E (Currently AD).

*short summary* Numerous technical problems with the equipment, distractions left and right with people walking in the room (shouting, laughing, slamming chairs), getting up in the middle of my test to request people leave the room, the civilian proctor talking shit behind my back to an officer in the cubicle next me, people walking into my cubicle to see me take the test (not the proctor who is allowed to watch me take it).

I created this new thread to inform ANYONE who has unsuitable testing conditions to reach out to the support line provided on the ASTB-E results paper. I emailed the support line with my entire complaint which I was responded with:

IT3,
This e-mail serves to inform you that after investigating your complaint, this office has determined that your most recent attempt on 04 OCT is voided. You will not be charged an attempt against your three lifetime.
Please coordinate with Mr. Jesse Browning or Ms. Anna Brown to find an alternate testing location for your future attempts.
You may contact me if you have further questions.
V/R,
LT **************** (changed for privacy reasons)
Assistant Officer in Charge, NAMI
APEX Fleet Liaison, Operational Psychology, NAMI

Fellas, you are entitled to a fair testing experience as much as the next person. You deserve a quiet, relaxing, and comfortable space to take this exam. You only get 3 chances at this test, do not allow these entitled shore duty assholes to ruin your career chances just because they have an easy/relaxed 9-5 gig instead of the shit we have to deal with on ship or in your personal civilian life.

Use my story to give you the reassurance that the military will not fuck you over if you have been fucked over at these testing facilities. There are good people that will help you as they have helped me. Does this potentially derail my career? Yes but only by time.

This is the support email: usn.pensacola.navmedoptracmdpns.list.nmotc-astb@health.mil

Fly safe yall!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You only get 3 chances at this test, do not allow these entitled shore duty assholes to ruin your career chances just because they have an easy/relaxed 9-5 gig instead of the shit we have to deal with on ship or in your personal civilian life.

Unpopular take here: While I commend you for getting a test voided and you get a true fair chance to take the exam, what value does the sentence above add to this post?

I’m not defending the recruiting staff by any means, but trying to go on the offensive of a bad testing experience almost makes you look like the guilty party here. Instead of naming calling them on a public Internet forum, either yourself or your CoC could have addressed the issue with the recruiting district (NTAG) CO.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You only get 3 chances at this test, do not allow these entitled shore duty assholes to ruin your career chances just because they have an easy/relaxed 9-5 gig instead of the shit we have to deal with on ship or in your personal civilian life.
Don’t judge recruiters until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes. While you may think it’s a relaxed 9-5 job….it isn’t. Having worked with the recruiters when I was a NROTC instructor, those guys worked pretty hard to meet quotas.

exNavyOffRec

Don’t judge recruiters until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes. While you may think it’s a relaxed 9-5 job….it isn’t. Having worked with the recruiters when I was a NROTC instructor, those guys worked pretty hard to meet quotas.
I am sure he knows 99% of the recruiters are not like this, it is the frustration after dealing with a few people that were not maintaining the standards they were supposed to maintain that led to typing what he did.

Everyone should know recruiting isn't 9-5, going back to sea duty after my first recruiting tour made sea duty seem like a cakewalk.