• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your take on UAV's impact

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
another argument for a SIPR/JWICS airwarriors site!
That was set up a few years ago, more or less, on intellink. I don't think it got much use, but there seems to be a lot more forum type discussions going on in that SIPR domain these days.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unclassified version? That is honestly not how any of what you're talking about actually works. On either side. You are so far out in left field that you've crossed the warning track, gone through a door in the fence, and smacked headfirst into the back of the bullpen.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Nah, I'm down. Let's re-open the Skyraider line and pull the old Essex class carriers out of mothballs. One airplane is basically like another, right? ;)

Hair Warrior

Contributor
JWICS/COE: I'm in. Set it up.
SIPR: Ugh...not unless I have to.

P.S. My take on UAV's impact: When a UAV nose dives in the dirt, it makes a real impact.

Last edited:

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
JWICS/COE: I'm in. Set it up.
SIPR: Ugh...not unless I have to.

P.S. My take on UAV's impact: When a UAV nose dives in the dirt, it makes a real impact.

It makes a bigger impact when it pulls a page from the VQ playbook and lands in the country it was collecting on...

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Well, according to military.com Key West is on the short list of UAV basing options.

I could see pretend flying an airplane from a secure office building there. Nice sunsets.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Well, according to military.com Key West is on the short list of UAV basing options.

I could see pretend flying an airplane from a secure office building there. Nice sunsets.

If Key West was the VUP base ocation, there would hardly ever be hardfills to the community.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
If Key West was the VUP base ocation, there would hardly ever be hardfills to the community.

I doubt that. You could base me in the middle of San Diego, Seattle or any other city and I wouldn't go anywhere near it. Sure, there are some people who really want to do it but many more who don't.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Nice place to visit but not the greatest for families, schools aren't great and it is remote enough that folks who have dependents with many medical conditions aren't stationed there.

Also, the phrase 'fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son' kept coming to mind when I saw a lot of the folks wandering around downtown. Fun for a few days, a drag longer term.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Nice place to visit but not the greatest for families, schools aren't great and it is remote enough that folks who have dependents with many medical conditions aren't stationed there.

Also, the phrase 'fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son' kept coming to mind when I saw a lot of the folks wandering around downtown. Fun for a few days, a drag longer term.
Unless you have a boat. My Air Boss did a tour there and LOVED it but it was just him and his wife so kid concerns were nil. He said they spent a chunk of almost every day on the water.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Damn, are all ECMO's such downers? I've been lean, mean and smart...but still, I've found "fat, drunk, and stupid" to be among my finest accomplishments.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wherever the CONUS and OCONUS FOBs are, it'll just be the mx troops and launch/recovery pilots. Mission crews will be in Jax and NASWI with the Mothership VUPs. So it's a flying tour that keeps you close to home and counts as a sea tour...no, I don't think they'll have trouble filling the billets. You guys who are too awesome to fly drones can have the yellow shirts and brown trout.