• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your Occupation Before the Navy

Best job before the Navy??

• Transfer Pricing Services Consultant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Software Developer (3 titles launched)

• Pizza Delivery

• Walk Boat Driver/Tour Guide

• Roller Coaster Operator

• Starbucks "Vente" Vendor

• Cellphone/Insurance peddler

• Aeronautical Engineer of Helo persuasion

• Used Car Salesman (borderline thief)

• Bookbinder

• Total voters

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Still miss it and kinda wish I had been a little more connected....:D
You miss being a ref???? Jesus, I ref'ed street hockey, flag football and basketball in college and COULDN'T WAIT to leave that behind me. I couldn't tell you how much crap got thrown my way from water bottles to (literally) death threats. Maybe it was just the rejects in the league I was in, but anyone who wants to be in that position is a better man than me.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
You miss being a ref???? Jesus, I ref'ed street hockey, flag football and basketball in college and COULDN'T WAIT to leave that behind me. I couldn't tell you how much crap got thrown my way from water bottles to (literally) death threats. Maybe it was just the rejects in the league I was in, but anyone who wants to be in that position is a better man than me.

I thought that only happened to the refs who made bad calls.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I thought that only happened to the refs who made bad calls.
Sure, I never said I was a good ref. :icon_tong
Seriously it happened to everyone in our legue. Guys took intramurals way too seriously.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
I play hockey, all refs suck :icon_tong :icon_wink.

I'm a Material Controller for an Engineering, Procurement, and Construction company. Mainly coker and crude unit upgrades and construction at major domestic oil and gas refineries. I deal mainly with site material management systems training and support.:sleep_125:sleep_125:sleep_125

Can I go fly now? :icon_smil

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I used to REF. was a level 3 USA ref with some junior time and got invited to the regionals, got some 5s on an eval from a pro who told me in 8 years he never gave a 5... lost the invite to camp because the politics of the New England region was too big.

Still miss it and kinda wish I had been a little more connected....:D

I'm a USA level 4 but I haven't worked youth in a couple years. I went to regional and national camp and I work for the JODP, which covers the USHL/NAHL, a few Junior B (crap) leagues. I also work the Southern Pro League, Central League and new IHL (former UHL).

Politics plays a lot into it, I will not deny that.