• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your Decision?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I do not know about you but does this seem as though he thinks I am trying to half ass it? Would recruiters look down on this?
Personally I think it is stupid but I would like to get other people's input.

Recruiter will not look down on you wanting to be a NFO. Period.

The NROTC guy has a huge chip on his shoulder. You did nothing wrong. Wanting to be a NFO is definitely not half assing it.

As a NFO, the only thing you end up not knowing about the aircraft is how to actually fly it. Unless you were a Hoover guy...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He gave me a weird look and said with a disappointing tone "Well the only reason I went NFO was because of my eyesight" and than he lacked interest in me and did not have as much of a spunk as he did when I first met him.
Guy is a jerk. There is a story there we don't know. If he came from the fleet he was proably not respected by the ready room. If he is just starting out he has a chance to fix his attitude.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Ahhhhhhhh.....an honest FO! I knew there was one out there!:D

Now, if you can just find a helo pilot that didn't have jet grades............

I barely had jet grades... but I was last in selection week ;) Having two former airline FOs selecting my week didn't help either. But I never put down jets. Still have a Xerox of my selection card:

1. Props
2. <blank>
3. <blank>

Figured I had jet grades so why wouldn't I get props huh? The arrogance! :D

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I barely had jet grades... but I was last in selection week ;) Having two former airline FOs selecting my week didn't help either. But I never put down jets. Still have a Xerox of my selection card:

1. Props
2. <blank>
3. <blank>

Figured I had jet grades so why wouldn't I get props huh? The arrogance! :D

So what exactly have you flown across your career?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
SH-60B, T-34C, RC-135U/V/W, TC-12 and T-45C.

Guess I could have checked your profile... :)

That's one hell of a career path, and between services too! I'm always amazed at the "diversity" this site accrues.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Ahhhhhhhh.....an honest FO! I knew there was one out there!:D

A lot of my NFO buddies are quite open about the fact that they wanted to be a Pilot and didn't get it for whatever reason. I'm in an ECMO-cantric community, where pretty often the double-anchor guy is calling the shots, yet you still have a lot of guys who want/wanted to be a pilot. The only annoying ones are those who constantly want to talk about their sob story, even years later.

I wanted to be a Giraffe when I was young. Sometimes things don't work out and you move on.

As for whether or not a recruiter would look down on you for putting NFO only, I will call BS ont that one. I didn't put NFO or ground and I got what I wanted. I have heard that whole, "Be a team player and you will probably have a better chance of getting what you want" thing before. I didn't but into it. When did it become a bad thing to know what you want to do with your life?

I would say put what you want and don't let bitter people get in your way or you will become one.