• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

You thought Berkley was bad?

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Just another Democrat playing games. Like the Governor of Kansas after the tornados last year. Finkbeiner just wants to make sure that he gets his money to get re-elected. Before you say that I qualify for a tin foil hat, step back and take a look at what's going on. I live in Western Pennsylvania. In the last year we have had several incidents like this. The JROTC was removed from a local school district. The clown on the School Board who pushed for it, just announced he's now a candidate for the State Legislature. Our County airport has been used for years to train an Air National Guard C-130 squadron, now the County Comissioners vote to not allow the training to continue. We have had a local Congressman arrange visits to the White House for a local Gold Star family, knowing that the White House has a policy of not allowing these visits unless the family member was killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. Then when the White House cancels the visit he leaks the story to the local newspapers. All of these incidents have two things in common. The politician was a Democrat and there has been an influx of money to their campaigns or financial support has been made availible. Ads appear in newspapers, commercials show up on television and flyers show up in mailboxes.

Once is an abberation, twice a coincidence, more than that, something is going on.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
A vast left-wing conspiracy?

:icon_roll

I wouldn't call it a left-wing conspiracy. I would call it "being rewarded for correct behavior". I honestly don't think that the DNC has anything to do with it. I would say that Liberal PAC's are the culprits.

Raptor2216

The veterans in Toledo are upset with the mayor and the city has offered an apology. The mayor comes off as someone who would fit in well with the loonies over in Berkeley. Here is the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080213/ap_on_re_us/marines_booted;_ylt=Ak18._tIEIgi0sslRMY2Vrqs0NUE

Yet Finkbeiner — a three-term mayor whose history of gaffes includes considering moving deaf people near the airport to solve noise complaints

Finkbeiner once settled a lawsuit against the city with a former employee who accused him of hitting her with a mug. He wound up offering a tearful apology on the misguided proposal to put deaf residents near the airport. And when he asked for a boycott of a pizza chain because he said it didn't support the city, stores responded by offering "Crazy Carty Bread."

Lawman

None
"Yet Finkbeiner — a three-term mayor whose history of gaffes includes considering moving deaf people near the airport to solve noise complaints "

Oh thats F'ing awesome.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
"Yet Finkbeiner — a three-term mayor whose history of gaffes includes considering moving deaf people near the airport to solve noise complaints "

It isn't that bad of an idea is it? :D