• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

You Know You Suck When....

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
For all the studs in P-cola right now, the Pelicans are a fun little team to go watch. Cheap beer and cheap seats, and they always had some sort of cool promotion going on. Granted, my brother in law worked for them while I lived there, so I got everything for free, but it was still a good time. :D

I think they are still playing at West Florida's field, but are supposed to move downtown when that big park gets built.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Joe Garagiola was once a catcher in the majors, but didn't make it big. With a great sense of humor and an ability to laugh at himself, he became a very successful anouncer. His favorite story:

Coach; "I got a new mitt for Garagiola".

GM; "You made a good trade".

The only player with better stories is Bob "Front Row" Uecker.

"Juuuuust a bit outside..."

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Three favorite Uecker quotes:

"Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat."

and

"In 1962 I was named Minor League Player of the Year. It was my second season in the Bigs."

and finally:

"I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for $3,000. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up."

BlkPny

pilot
Bob Uecker calling the game in "Major League";

"He leads the league in nose hair. When he sneezes he looks like a party favor."