• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

You just can't make this stuff up!!!

joshmf

Have I said that the war in Iraq was illegal? I know I haven't, because I don't think it is. All I said was that the CIA, with the support of the US military, has conducted the same type of actions Iran is now pursuing in Iraq. If them doing so makes Quds a terrorist organization, what does it make the CIA? Again, I see the same kneejerk reaction to anyone not agreeing with the party line, they're invariably a terrorist sympathasizer and worthless hippie scum. I think this thread really needs to die unless someone else has something new to say.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I am not saying you implied the Iraq war is illegal, only that your assertion that legal orders resulting in illegal actions in today's environment make the situation more complex.

I disagree, the illegal actions of the Marines in your example could have happened whether or not the order was given. The original legal order was only a contributing factor, there is no direct cause and effect.

There will always people who don't understand and/or don't obey the rules, their orders, etc. Just because a legal order proceeds them does not cast any shadow of doubt on the legal order or the officer that gave them.

The bigger picture is that just because some individuals, be they in the CIA or the Army, break some rules, law, etc. and participate in "terrorist like" acts, and their actions were preceded by legal orders, does not mean that the CIA and the Army are terrorist organizations. I know you are not personally accusing them of such, just that the logic doesn't hold.

Example: Members of a local Wal-Mart are members of a criminal enterprise, assume it even involves a couple members at corporate Wal-Mart. Let's say they associate on a continuous basis, form an allegiance for a common purpose, and are involved in criminal activity. By the logic being used, then Wal-Mart would be considered a gang.

The bad acts of a few individuals, at any level of an organization, do not override the overall intent and mission of the organization as a whole.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
.... I've also stated that I thought the declaration by Iran that the CIA and the US Army were terrorist orgaizations is facile, and done by an egomaniac dictator trying to get attention. But even an idiot can have a good point sometimes.

I think I've made my point....

You did. You basically agree with Iran that the US Army and CIA are terrorist organizations. Got it.

....I'm not trying to be dramatic, or shed a bad light on the military. But I know I'll take that with me in my future career as an officer, and while I wasn't trying to give credence to one dictator's ramblings...

But you have.

I wanted to point out that the world isn't as clear-cut as many of politicians make it out to be.

This isn't news.