• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

You guys are appreciated

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, and I just wanted to post up and thank you all for the info, gouge, and tech you've gathered here for hopefuls like me.

I take the ASTB next Tuesday (4/15/08), and I found most of my study material after stumbling into this forum from a google search.

For what it's worth:
I'm 25, Business Degree (Finance), 3.3 GPA and shooting for, you guessed it, SNA.

:icon_drin

Mods -- Sorry, if this needs to be merged, feel free. Just wanted to show some love.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Good luck. Keep us posted.

Thanks, Wink.

I took the test today.

AQR: 7
PFAR: 7
FOFAR: 8
OAR: 56

Anyone care to give me any odds? Applying SNA, NFO, ??

Thanks again to all of you good folks at AW. I studied a good bit, and I'm pretty satisfied with these scores.

samantis16

Nice scores. I had similar scores and background and will be signing the paperwork for SNA tomorrow! Best of luck to you!

tlevine

Your grades are very good and your GPA is good as well. I think your odds are very good with either selection, depends what you want to do.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Well I am in a similar boat. I really want to be a Naval Aviator. I am 25, I have a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in Aerospace Engineering. I graduated with a 3.3 GPA Overall (3.8 GPA Major). I have 20/15~ vision, I am 68", weight about 190 Lbs (Biking/runing a lot more to get down to 170 Lbs, and already lost 30 Lbs by just eating less in the past six months). What would anyone here tell me?

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Give it a shot! You have good grades in an appropriate major. Go talk to an officer recruiter, and take the ASTB. I studied for a couple weeks with all of the info and studied guides linked within this forum and scored okay (IMO). Then fill out your paperwork, get some recommendations, do your MEPS physical (Some say that MEPS isn't required to turn in to the board with your package, but it can't hurt as you will need it eventually.)

...and cross your fingers. I sent my application in today, so we'll hopefully see within a month!

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Recomendation from whom exactly? Poeple I know, work with, etc?

Educators, former/current employers, superior officers for prior enlisted, family friends, etc...)

A recruiter will be able to fill you in better than me, though.