• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet More From Iran...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/27/world/meast/iran-navy/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

BLUF: The Iranian 16th Fleet is planning a deployment that will put Iranian ships off of the East Coast.

Anyone see this actually happening? I know the Iranians did a Suez transit recently and have been deploying ships to protect their shipping from pirate activity. What I wonder is if they actually have the logistical implements in place to actually conduct long range ops.

Thoughts?

*Yeah... I BLUF'ed it... *

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Was wondering when somebody was going to post this. Saw it this morning. I think it's more big talk from Iran as usual, but what do I know.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
How does the old rule of thumb go? Your fleet becomes 10% less effective for every 1,000 miles of transit. (Unless the 16th Fleet includes a good supply ship.)

It should be fun to watch, fun like when someone you don't like goes on a long road trip.

BigRed389

None
How does the old rule of thumb go? Your fleet becomes 10% less effective for every 1,000 miles of transit. (Unless the 16th Fleet includes a good supply ship.)

It should be fun to watch, fun like when someone you don't like goes on a long road trip.

Who's going to sell them gas on this side of the pond?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Venezuela? Anyone in south america who likes money? I dunno. Would be interesting to watch the spool-con.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Do they even have anything larger than a corvette in their "fleet"? This should be fun to watch.