• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet another Taliban beheading...

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,489805,00.html

News article said this is the first beheading since Daniel Pearl in 2002. I think this reaffirms the notion that we are all in this fight.

I found it odd that the Taliban beheaded a Polish man in protest of the Pakistani government holding some '60' detainees. Doesn't seem to jive.

Also note that they are reportedly holding at least four foreigners — including a Chinese engineer and Afghan and Iranian diplomats.

I find it more odd that they'd hold Iranian diplomats.

As the ancient Buddhist proverb goes "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Do guys like him carry a weapon? I would want to because I'd rather go down shooting than be paraded around in front of cameras with that being my ultimate fate.

Thoughts to the family. This is a tragedy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I found it odd that the Taliban beheaded a Polish man in protest of the Pakistani government holding some '60' detainees. Doesn't seem to jive.

Not odd at all, it is how they do things.

I find it more odd that they'd hold Iranian diplomats.

Historically there is a lot of enmity between the Taliban and the Iranians. The Iranians almost went to war with them a few years before we got there over a similar incident. A big reason, the Taliban are Sunni and the Iranians are Shia. All Muslim extremists are not alike. That doesn't mean they don't roll together if they have a common enemy. Another thing, the Taliban is not monolithic, some groups have their significant differences.

A good analogy would be Northern Ireland, everyone is Christian but the Catholics and Protestants don't exactly hold regular kumbaya sessions.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
They want to scare everybody into giving in. It just makes me want to fight harder.

I've seen the beheading videos all the way through. Neither I, nor anybody I am with in combat will ever be beheaded with a knife.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
maybe President Obama's got it right... time to bring some more precision guided hate and discontent on their barbarian asses.

MettGT

pilot
They want to scare everybody into giving in. It just makes me want to fight harder.

I've seen the beheading videos all the way through. Neither I, nor anybody I am with in combat will ever be beheaded with a knife.

That's for sure. I still can't forget the 2 videos they showed us at TBS.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
That's the worst part about this... They leave their hands tied, so they are helpless to defend themselves. It is 4+ men against a man that has his hands tied. Cowardly...

I'm no SERE graduate, but i'd imagine that they'd teach a different technique when dealing with an enemy that is this heinous. I think you'd have a better chance fighting to death out in the desert than rolling your dice as a captive.

I'd certainly rather take a bullet than have my family watch my live beheading on TV.

I've always failed to understand the hate that drives these people. I try to imagine what kind of hate i'd have to possess to allow me to behead someone while they are alive... The most aggravating thing I can think of is someone harming a helpless woman (sister, wife, mother)... Even then, I don't think I could behead them while they were alive.

I think it is important to put yourself in your enemy's shoes... It is something that isn't hard to do with past engagements.... But this enemy? Can't seem to make it happen.

Stuff blows my mind....

jdnew

That's for sure. I still can't forget the 2 videos they showed us at TBS.

I know what you mean. And we all know that was the point. Never thought I could become physically ill from seeing something. Those videos opened my eyes a bit. That and some of the training during Urban Patroling.
But I agree, now they are just fuel on a already burning fire.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
We're committed to destroying the taliban and anyone who would offer save haven to terrorists... Pakistan went the complete opposite route if it doesn't want us to be in it's business more than we already are. Taking care of the problem in their northwest territoy would have been hard and politically dangerous for their government... this gives them a way to play the great satan card when the bombs rain down on these douchers.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I've always failed to understand the hate that drives these people.

I won't inject my opinion, but do like this explanation:
http://www.greens.org/s-r/27/27-02.html

Anxious about Soviet incursions into Afghanistan, it [United States] propped up the Taliban. These two monstrous forces - Saddam and the Taliban - are very much an American creation.

The final blow came when America finally had to confront its former client, Iraq, in the Gulf War. Americans established a military base on Saudi Arabian soil, considered sacred by pious Muslims.

Unfortunately, the only people we have to blame for this problem is ourselves.