• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

yet another pointless question about it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_riddle

60 bubba
is there ever a time that you can listen to music during your flight?...i'm one of those people that gets into a zone with music, but i can't possibly see them allowing an aviator to listen to music while flying a 30 million dollar aircraft.
luke

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
Hehe, didn't that kid in Iron Eagle listen to a Walkman while he was singlehandedly shooting down the entire Libyan Air Force?

Course, we all know that Zoomies don't really fly.

Edited by - Tripp on 03/21/2002 00:06:14

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Actually.....yes, depending on the flight. Mainly when you are in fuel conservation mode or following a tanker for 8-10 hours. Especially, following the tanker because he is making all the radio calls and all you are doing is flying straight and level. Trust me, it gets very, very boring following a tanker. Many a aviator have fallen asleep between Midway Island and Japan only to wake up all alone and there is nothing but blue water all around. Music helps, game boys, Tom Clancy novels or any other distraction to keep your mind occupied. Good question.....Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

mattlowery

YES! Barry Manilow and Tom Jones are going into the suitcase as of now. I mean uhhhhh, DOH! Hehehe, had to throw some lame humor in. Actually, that would be awesome getting to fly listening to TOOL or something. I'd be tempted to fly a little crazy though I'm afraid.

Matt L.

Edited by - mattlowery on 03/21/2002 17:50:59

Mahler

How do long distance formation flights work out??? Can you use autopilot for this??? I'd imagine it would be very tidious(sp?) being on the controls for a ten hour form flight.

James

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:You watch that Iron Eagle BS the other day or something?
Nah, I just make sure to rib my AFROTC buddies about the poor selection of AF movies out there (The Navy has Top Gun, the Army has all sorts of stuff, the Marines have Full Metal Jacket, etc.).

Me, I'd be the guy with a portable DVD player (w/the little screen attached). Figure out a way to incorporate Dolby 5.1 and I'd be set.

Spaceman Spiff

quote:
Me, I'd be the guy with a portable DVD player (w/the little screen attached). Figure out a way to incorporate Dolby 5.1 and I'd be set.

LOL...I used to work at Radio Shack and Best Buy...let me know if and when U decide to do it and I'll get ya all the cable U need =D First Hornet w/ a "system"

Kris

dawgfighter

LOL! I can see it now. The navy's first pimped out F/A-18. Some gold=plated landing gear, velour seat, tinted windows, and neon detailing under the fuselage.

Edited by - dawgfighter on 03/25/2002 11:31:09

Paul Burke

Throw in a two-tone maroon paint job and put a chrome chain link steering wheel on the stick and some fuzzy dice dangling over the HUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.