• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet another NROTC question...

Super Hornet 88

So with my current plans I have, I am going to transfer to a 4-year college in about a year now and since I want to go the ROTC route, I figured I go for a 3-year scholarship. Now what grades do I submit and when should I take the ACT or SAT? Or is this only available once you are enrolled in that university? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Are you currently in college? If so is it a community college? If so, how many credit hours do you have? I'll try to help ya because I have experience with all this.

Super Hornet 88

HighDimension said:
Are you currently in college? If so is it a community college? If so, how many credit hours do you have? I'll try to help ya because I have experience with all this.

Well I start college as freshmeat on August 14 up in Lompoc CA. In order for me to transfer I only need 15-16 units, so as what classes I have I don't know yet because I move at the end of July.

-Dan

NavyLonghorn

I dont know how things work in your neck of the woods, but I know in Texas schools, SAT and ACT score are only for getting in college out of highschool.

after that, its straight up college GPA.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Well here is my story:

I arrived as a freshman at the University of Central Florida ( I miss it immensely ) and decided that I wanted to apply for the NROTC scholarship. First off, let me say that you should apply as early as possible. You can take the ACT again if you need to, even if you are in college. Boost your scores and shoot for 29+ in Math and 31+ in Verbal ( I'm not sure of the exact criteria since it was two years ago) but score well and you can be selected in the Early Decision program. Call your NROTC advisor and ask about it because they don't normally advertise it. They like to use it to select their women and minority candidates, so if you're one of those even better, I wasn't and I still got selected. I retook the ACT and got my qualifying scores before I got to UCF and completed the application. You can send in your college grades after the first semester ( if you don't get an early decision) and they can boost your application status. Also, when picking schools, pick wisely. I've been told that it is easier to get a scholarship to a state school with in-state tuition vs. somewhere that costs $40,000 a year. ( Could be bad gouge, but my NROTC Coordinator told me it was true). If you get awarded a scholarship don't slack off. My coordinator had me send in my final transcripts and threatened to take away the scholarship if I didn't have at least a 3.0 GPA. All-in-all you don't have to already be in the university to apply for the scholarship, so go ahead and start! Don't get involved in the NROTC program on-campus because you won't be allowed to apply nationally and participate in the program. It is either one or the other. It is awfully competitive to pick up a scholarship once you are in the program and the best deal is to get one nationally! Good luck and feel free to ask anymore questions!

One last thing I didn't address, you will still submit high school transcripts and activities!

Bumper365

Hey, I'm a sophomore in high school and am interested in the NROTC program at Florida University. I want to get accepted for a 4 year scholarship there. What GPA score or range would help me get accepted to the college. Also the same with the ACT scores.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Hey, I'm a sophomore in high school and am interested in the NROTC program at Florida University. I want to get accepted for a 4 year scholarship there. What GPA score or range would help me get accepted to the college. Also the same with the ACT scores.

That's a question best answered by your college counselor (doubt you have one at this stage of the game), the Florida University website, and the NROTC website for general edification. Feel free to SEARCH around here, although this isn't the best place to look for that info.

Happy posting!

HornetGuy300

That's a question best answered by your college counselor (doubt you have one at this stage of the game), the Florida University website, and the NROTC website for general edification. Feel free to SEARCH around here, although this isn't the best place to look for that info.

Happy posting!
Yeah I know. It's kind of hard to find exact info on that kind of stuff
By the way, this is Bumper365, but I got banned for no apparent reason...No exact reason of why either :(

schwarti

Contributor
Yeah I know. It's kind of hard to find exact info on that kind of stuff
By the way, this is Bumper365, but I got banned for no apparent reason...No exact reason of why either :(

You were being disrespectful to a commissioned officer for no apparent reason. Not to mention, you've said this in several threads now - yeah, we get it. You don't get why you were banned, and that's why you got banned. You don't get it.

I would just let it lie, and that's my friendly advice.

HornetGuy100

Warren "Buffett" Myers
You were being disrespectful to a commissioned officer for no apparent reason. Not to mention, you've said this in several threads now - yeah, we get it. You don't get why you were banned, and that's why you got banned. You don't get it.

I would just let it lie, and that's my friendly advice.
Thanks schwarti, it won't happen again ;)