• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet another firearms thread... Shotshells & Beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

OK, so I go to Walmart to pick up some groceries and stuff, which happens to include a 6-pack of Miller Genuine Draft. Well, I also need some 00 Buckshot, because I'm all out. Well, first off, they keep buckshot behind the counter in the sporting goods department. Fine, whatever. The guy says that I have to check out there, that anything kept behind the counter must be paid for there. Again, fine, whatever. So he tells me that he'll just ring up all my groceries while he's at the register. Cool, works for me. Well, when he gets to the 6-pack, the computer starts making beeping sounds, and says on the screen "Sale Denied". He looks at me and says, "Sorry, I forgot that we cant sell ammo and alcohol at the same time." I asked, "Why?" and he said he didnt know why, he just cant.

This makes no sense to me. Is this a ridiculous Walmart store policy? Or is it a rarely enforced law of some sort that I'm unfamiliar with? I know that alot of bait shop type convenience stores will sell both at the same time... been there done that.

If its a store policy, I'm gonna be a little steamed... Walmart is getting a little out of hand in imposing their moral views on others. It all started with them refusing to stock and sell CD's with "explicit lyrics".

Reactions: E5B

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Grant said:
OK, so I go to Walmart to pick up some groceries and stuff, which happens to include a 6-pack of Miller Genuine Draft. Well, I also need some 00 Buckshot, because I'm all out. Well, first off, they keep buckshot behind the counter in the sporting goods department. Fine, whatever. The guy says that I have to check out there, that anything kept behind the counter must be paid for there. Again, fine, whatever. So he tells me that he'll just ring up all my groceries while he's at the register. Cool, works for me. Well, when he gets to the 6-pack, the computer starts making beeping sounds, and says on the screen "Sale Denied". He looks at me and says, "Sorry, I forgot that we cant sell ammo and alcohol at the same time." I asked, "Why?" and he said he didnt know why, he just cant.

This makes no sense to me. Is this a ridiculous Walmart store policy? Or is it a rarely enforced law of some sort that I'm unfamiliar with? I know that alot of bait shop type convenience stores will sell both at the same time... been there done that.

If its a store policy, I'm gonna be a little steamed... Walmart is getting a little out of hand in imposing their moral views on others. It all started with them refusing to stock and sell CD's with "explicit lyrics".

Strictly Walmart policy. Buy your ammo there, then walk to the front and buy your beer. No big deal.

When they ask me if my pistol ammunition is for rifle or pistol, I like to say "submachine gun" sometimes. It throws them for a loop.

Grant

Fly Navy said:
Strictly Walmart policy. Buy your ammo there, then walk to the front and buy your beer. No big deal.

If I would have known that beforehand, thats exactly what I would have done. But the funny thing is (well, not funny actually), I tried. When I asked if he could ring it up as a separate transaction, he said he couldnt. And when I asked for the beer back to take up front, he said he couldnt. He was holding my beer hostage. :eek: ;) Now that I know that its simply a store policy and not any sort of law, I'm even more unhappy than I was when I left the store. Out of protest, it looks like I'll be shopping at Albertsons from now on, and going to Academy for ammo, like I usually do. I doubt they'll miss my business, but every little bit adds up, right? :icon_smil

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Fly Navy said:

Snochie bochies, Biatches!

Give that man $20 dollar drinking binge, it is Wally World policy. As a Storm Trooper for the 'Evil Empire', I can definately say that is corporate policy. And do as Fly says, buy your shells at the sporting goods counter and groceries in the front. It is one of those f-ing retarded policies that we have to put up with. It is simply amazing that a company as inefficient as Wal-Mart is the largest company in the world.:eek:

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Grant said:
Who cares....why are you buying MGD? That's some nasty stuff. Almost like going over to Thailand and....

Well, nevermind. MGD just sucks. I for one am glad the dude confinscated that stuff from you. Hope you learned your lesson.

Reactions: E5B

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So Walmart is alienating Rednecks with the ammo/beer exclusion rule. What customer base will they turn to snotty liberal elitists? I dont see that happening. My business 101 professor would call that dumb.

Im not calling anyone here a Redneck unless the shoe fits.

Grant

skidkid said:
So Walmart is alienating Rednecks with the ammo/beer exclusion rule. What customer base will they turn to snotty liberal elitists? I dont see that happening. My business 101 professor would call that dumb.

Im not calling anyone here a Redneck unless the shoe fits.

LMAO. :D

Steve Wilkins said:
Who cares....why are you buying MGD? That's some nasty stuff. Almost like going over to Thailand and....

Well, nevermind. MGD just sucks. I for one am glad the dude confinscated that stuff from you. Hope you learned your lesson.

MGD is ok every now and then, for a change of pace. Thats why I was getting a 6, and not 12 or 24. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.