• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yellow Journalism

SkywardET

Contrarian
I can see why so many in the military dislike "liberals." This type of ignorance is not only rampant, but to a certain extent it is self-enforced by spreading outright lies or half-truths and so forth.

This summer I had a self-described "social libertarian" for my English Comp instructor. She was very smart, and certainly not a typical liberal (libertarians are not liberal, bot social libertarians have those tendencies), but even she bought into the line that somehow military recruitment, in and of itself, is an inherently bad thing.

"Knock knock."
"Who's there?"
"An opportunity that's leaving your community forever."

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Mr. Tom "Mullet" Mullen must be have been a FAC in a previous life. Where did he come up with the ....at 3000' comment. This dude sounds like the superior minded liberals in San Francisco (Chris Daly, link below) who each year tries to get SF Fleet Week cancelled via the "danger to the public" OPDEC theories. It's a bit demotivating to see folks like Tom tow the liberal media line, but hey- it's easy to find these folks these days. Break. Beer me.

Thank you CONNECTICUT!

quote ref: http://www.examiner.com/a-770217~Bill_to_halt_Blue_Angels_flyovers_will_have_to_wait.html

I love it when cities pass resolutions... especially when they have to do with foreign affairs.

I love Austin but I about went through the roof when the City Council passed a resolution saying that Austin was against the invasion of Iraq in 2003. It always brings to light the fact that there are so many people in this world who think that they are far more important than they are.

SkywardET

Contrarian
I love it when cities pass resolutions... especially when they have to do with foreign affairs.

I love Austin but I about went through the roof when the City Council passed a resolution saying that Austin was against the invasion of Iraq in 2003. It always brings to light the fact that there are so many people in this world who think that they are far more important than they are.
Which part of the resolution did you hate more? The part against the unilateral preemptive invasion, the part where they deferred to the UN inspectors to complete their work, or the part where they called for the UN Security Council to continue to pursue diplomatic efforts?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
When did it become 'scary' to see a fighter flying overhead? It was always a really cool surprise/treat to see a military jet flying by.

Are people in CT really this wussy? Or do all their children want to grow up to be 'artists' and 'dancers' and 'politicians'?

EXACTLY! Same logic applies to prisons as was illustrated by a George Carlin routine. I'd feel pretty safe if military jets were flying over, just as I'd feel pretty damn safe living near a prison.

Who is gonna fuck with us with jets flying over? Likewise, what kind of criminal is going to be "hanging around" a prison? Seems like it'd be a pretty crime-free area outside the walls.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait a minute!

desertoasis;581376Are people in CT really this wussy? Or do all their children want to grow up to be 'artists' and 'dancers' and 'politicians'?[/quote said:
Whoa Mr. D. Oasis,
I was born & raised in So. CT and I grew up to be a "Yankee Air Pirate!":p
You're right though, the later generations do appear to be a bit wussy. When our Squadron got complaints of "noisy low-flying military jets", our first response was to ask if they had red stars on the wings. After the standard "NO" response, we'd politely respond "You should thank your lucky stars! click"
Military jet blast, THE SOUND OF FREEDOM!!!:icon_smil
BzB

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Whoa Mr. D. Oasis,
I was born & raised in So. CT and I grew up to be a "Yankee Air Pirate!":p
You're right though, the later generations do appear to be a bit wussy. When our Squadron got complaints of "noisy low-flying military jets", our first response was to ask if they had red stars on the wings. After the standard "NO" response, we'd politely respond "You should thank your lucky stars! click"
Military jet blast, THE SOUND OF FREEDOM!!!:icon_smil
BzB

It's all in good fun. I'm from Oregon, the land of the hippies, marijuana-legalizing druggies, and assisted-suicide doctors. And there are wusses aplenty there as well. ;)

phrogpilot73

Which part of the resolution did you hate more? The part against the unilateral preemptive invasion, the part where they deferred to the UN inspectors to complete their work, or the part where they called for the UN Security Council to continue to pursue diplomatic efforts?
The part where it's the CITY of Austin, not the COUNTRY of Austin. Foreign affairs are not the purview of local governments. If they want to complain, do what every other citizen does - and contact their representation in Congress.

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Unfortunately, I live in CT. Please buzz my house. Please rattle my windows. My VFW loves stuff like this because we are surrounded by wussies every day. Every couple of months a C-130 flies overhead. Looks like he's on a VR route (but I can't find them). He looks to be in the 500' - 1000' range. Very cool.

When we had A-10s, they would do a Memorial Day fly by route for all the parades. They were good.

Again, please buzz my house.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Damn Sheeple.

xkcd_sheeple.png

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
That whole report pissed me off for some reason. SAD. When did America go out and get angry?

Good question. I think the same thing every time I see footage of some person screaming at a congressman at a town hall. But I digress...

That was one of the funniest clips I've seen in a long time. That paunchy guy worried that a jet was going to drop a bomb...sounds like the neighborhood is full of idiots. Especially love the folks that are wondering why a military plane is in the air, and the reporter making it sound like the plane slipped through and didn't notify the FAA (musta been a "Rogue Pilot").

Dear God.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Unfortunately, I live in CT. Please buzz my house. Please rattle my windows. My VFW loves stuff like this because we are surrounded by wussies every day. Every couple of months a C-130 flies overhead. Looks like he's on a VR route (but I can't find them). He looks to be in the 500' - 1000' range. Very cool.

When we had A-10s, they would do a Memorial Day fly by route for all the parades. They were good.

Again, please buzz my house.

It's like they are saying "Sure I support the military, but I don't want to see them near me."

My little bro lived in Hartford for a while. He remembers A-10s from Bradley flying overheard on a semi regular basis...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Since I've never stood in this schmucks front yard and told him how to act like an idiot on TV, it'd be nice if he would keep his ideas on how we ought to do our job to himself. Douche.

KBayDog

Question: How many of you, if you were scared for your lives, or thought an aerial attack on your neighborhood was imminent, would first call News Channel 8?

Oh well, those folks got their 15 minutes. Too bad News Channel 8 couldn't find anyone who enjoyed seeing the bird overhead.