• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yearly Quota?

jpham79

Does anyone know what the yearly Quota is? Specifically for Information Warfare. Also... what's the usual acceptance percentage, and what is the usual number of applications per year?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I haven't seen the new numbers, but for '06 they wanted 82 pilots and 52 NFOs nationwide (SWO 31, Subs 84, SEAL 13, Intel 48). That number for NFO went up toward the end of the year. You can assume that the current goal is very nearly the same. The IW goal for '06 was 25. That may have gone up a bit.BTW, your recruiters goal means nothing to you. They can "overship" and recruit more then their goal. They will not turn away a qualified applicant because they have met their personal goal. Now if the national goal is met, they slam the door and you have to hope there are quotas in the following year available to you. This is why you always apply early, as soon as you are qualified. Never, ever put it off if you truly want to be a Navy officer.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
billthrill1 said:
Just out of curiosity, Wink is that for BDCP and OCS applicants only? That doesn't include ROTC right?
BDCP numbers are seperate. Goaling for BDCP isn't as critical from an applicants strategic perspective.

Those numbers are for folks commissioning through OCS. ROTC and USNA quotas are seperate.

maxlife

BDCP numbers are seperate. Goaling for BDCP isn't as critical from an applicants strategic perspective.

As always greats insight Wink but sorry if I'm a little slow, can you explain further. I am a hopeful BDCP applicant. Thanks.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

As always greats insight Wink but sorry if I'm a little slow, can you explain further. I am a hopeful BDCP applicant. Thanks.

I have never seen BDCP actually close out. They do that for the straight OCS guys. They just hang up a "NO VACANCY" sign and you are screwed until the next year quotas come out. "You want SWO? Sorry pal, can I interest you in Supply or can you wait 7 months?" You may non select BDCP, but it won't be because they ran out of quotas for your year. I quess it is just because it is so competetive and so far out in the future, they can fill the spots with the very best available steadily throughout the year. The OCS quotas HAVE to be filled because they ship within the year. If they are not filled the fleet goes unmanned. So they fill OCS quotas as rapidly as possible to be sure they will make qoal and keep the man power guys happy. If a 2 year BDCP quota isn't filled it just becomes a 1 year quota or, if necissary, an OCS quota later. Lots of fall back.

jpham79

Holy Geezus, dude. 25 IW nationwide???? CRIPES ! So out of the thousands that apply, they are gonna pick 25?

I haven't seen the new numbers, but for '06 they wanted 82 pilots and 52 NFOs nationwide (SWO 31, Subs 84, SEAL 13, Intel 48). That number for NFO went up toward the end of the year. You can assume that the current goal is very nearly the same. The IW goal for '06 was 25. That may have gone up a bit.BTW, your recruiters goal means nothing to you. They can "overship" and recruit more then their goal. They will not turn away a qualified applicant because they have met their personal goal. Now if the national goal is met, they slam the door and you have to hope there are quotas in the following year available to you. This is why you always apply early, as soon as you are qualified. Never, ever put it off if you truly want to be a Navy officer.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy Geezus, dude. 25 IW nationwide???? CRIPES ! So out of the thousands that apply, they are gonna pick 25?

Well, I'm not sure thousands apply. Still, kinda rocks the super exclusive, uber competetive top dog view some have of aviation doesn't it? I hate it when reality interfers with my self image.;)

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Well, I'm not sure thousands apply. Still, kinda rocks the super exclusive, uber competetive top dog view some have of aviation doesn't it? I hate it when reality interfers with my self image.;)

I've seen most of them. Your self-image can sleep soundly at night.:D

jmiller82

Hey wink, just for bragging's sake, do you know what the revised quota was for FY'06 for the aviation community (NFO's and Pilots). My wife's father still doesn't believe that it is that competitive for the aviation community in the Navy.. It'd sure be nice to tell him I was 1 of ___ people (hopefully less than 100) that were selected into the program out of thousands (there ARE thousands of aviation apps, right?) of applicants.. Haha! I just remember the recruiter calling and saying there was a massive push for NFO's at the end of May or so.. I think the best line would be I'm the ONLY PAO selected for FY'06.. I heard there is only one of them a year - is that so?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey wink, just for bragging's sake, do you know what the revised quota was for FY'06 for the aviation community (NFO's and Pilots). My wife's father still doesn't believe that it is that competitive for the aviation community in the Navy.. It'd sure be nice to tell him I was 1 of ___ people (hopefully less than 100) that were selected into the program out of thousands (there ARE thousands of aviation apps, right?) of applicants.. Haha! I just remember the recruiter calling and saying there was a massive push for NFO's at the end of May or so.. I think the best line would be I'm the ONLY PAO selected for FY'06.. I heard there is only one of them a year - is that so?
I haven't seen the final number of selects for '06. Maybe I'll find out when I go into the office Monday. I can ssure you that it was less then 100 for NFO and most probably less then 100 for pilot. I expect that thousands do, in fact start the process by taking the ASTB. Many fail to cut a competitive score and lots don't come back to retake it. Go figure. I would be guessing, but I think that proably only several hundred, less then a thousand apps, actually get before the board. Maybe I'll look into that too. Might be fun to know.

Yup, only one PAO a year. Probably goes to a Senator's son.

jmiller82

Haha! I heard that that one slot for PAO was VERY competitive, however.. I think my recruiter said not even to worry about it unless you have a graduate degree in Mass Communications/Pub. Relations/Journalism or something of the sort.. I bet that guy/girl who got the nod for PAO is on cloud nine! I can't imagine the actual job itself, though, being that exciting..