• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yearly Cycles

maxlife

I am getting ready to submit my BDCP package and I am wondering if there is a time of year that is best for selection for SNA? It seems that the summer months would have a lot of apps. with school just getting out. How does the Navy's fisacal year play into it? I know it doesn't really matter as I am applying as early as possible for my situation. Just more questions from a "wannabe". Thanks for your thoughts.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
av8ok said:
I am getting ready to submit my BDCP package and I am wondering if there is a time of year that is best for selection for SNA? It seems that the summer months would have a lot of apps. with school just getting out. How does the Navy's fisacal year play into it? I know it doesn't really matter as I am applying as early as possible for my situation. Just more questions from a "wannabe". Thanks for your thoughts.

The quotas are based on a fiscal year, 1OCT-30SEP, but the year a quota is charged against is determined by when you are commissioned. So the first FY 07 guys have been selected months ago and will start OCS sometime this June so they finish OCS and commission after 1OCT06. Don't worry if that is confusing. The best bet is to not try and game the system and just apply as soon as you are eligible and then apply as often as necessary until you get the desired outcome. Good luck.