• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

...yeah- its sad....

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
The guy found a naval aviation forum and asked a naval aviation question, only to get a piss off and find it yourself response. Typical. Now we're getting into the nuances of finding everything naval aviation related just as long as it is not on this site.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Now I ain't complain'in, just curious:

Why doesn't the search function accept 3-letter words?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
eddie said:

This is the "Navy" ... kinda ... it only accepts 4-letter words. :)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
eddie said:

The way the search index works on this forum software, it only indexes 4 letters or greater. There is a way to set it up that it will accept certain 3 or 2 letter search queries, I asked awhile ago for some input, and reindexed the forum. You can read about it here:

Reference this post....

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
A4sForever said:
You guys can be SNA's / SNFO's if you want .... sounds more like something on my Kleenex after a hard sneeze. As long as no one has the cojones to take a stand, the terms SNA/SNFO (and you, as a result) will always conjure up images of .... Kleenex residue.

Back-in-the-day .... we were called .... "STUD's" ... i.e., "STUD-ents" .... not too hard to figure. :) Then ........ PC took over.

SNA/SNFO .... or "STUD" ..... take your pick. You want to be Naval Aviators. Be somebody .... :icon_rast

Another term any SNA/STUD should be familiar with is CONE. Also know as Cat. One. This is the term for any newly winged aviator going through the RAG or FRS (usually derogatory in nature). Only slightly better than a SNA/STUD.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Conehead

montellv said:
Another term any SNA/STUD should be familiar with is CONE. Also know as Cat. One. This is the term for any newly winged aviator going through the RAG or FRS (usually derogatory in nature). Only slightly better than a SNA/STUD.

Also known as "Cone" as in Conehead.....

Attachments

• Conehead.jpg
    Conehead.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 8