• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

...yeah- its sad....

BlaZe

Banned
But what the heck does SNA mean? I see everyone use and talk about being selected as an SNA. Is there an acronym list any place for all these abbreviatios?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
snort said:
Hey, BlaZe.

Do a google. They have all you need, and, you might learn something new.

snort

When I Googled SNA this is what came up on the first page...
Doesn't really answer the question does it?

SNA (SNAP ON INC)

Google Finance Yahoo Finance MSN Money MarketWatch CNN Money Reuters
37.60 -0.10 (-0.27%) 13 Apr at 4:01PM ET
Open: 37.70
High: 37.90
Low: 37.58
Volume: 151,900
Avg Vol: 250,000
Mkt Cap: 2,186.34M

NYSE data delayed by 20 minutes - Disclaimer

After Hours ECN: 37.60 +0.00 (0.00%) 13 Apr at 4:39PM ET

John Wayne Airport (SNA), Orange County, CaliforniaJohn Wayne Airport (SNA), owned and operated by the County of Orange is the only commercial service airport in Orange County, California.
www.ocair.com/ - 41k - Apr 14, 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

Airlines Serving JWA - Flight Information Display (...
Parking - AirportMonitor: View local ...
More results from www.ocair.com »

School Nutrition AssociationSchool Nutrition Association: The Voice of Child Nutrition. ASFSA is a non-profit professional association representing 60000 members of the school ...
www.schoolnutrition.org/ - 24k - Apr 14, 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

Southern Nursery Association HomePageThis 100+ year-old trade association has assembled a great resource for horticulture in the 16 southeastern states of the US It includes interactive ...
www.sna.org/ - 23k - Apr 14, 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

IBM Systems Network Architecture (SNA) ProtocolsIntroduce the SNA protocol, used primarily by mainframe systems and terminals. ... Before contemporary networks existed, IBM's Systems Network Architecture ...
www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/ td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/ibmsna.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

Introduction to SNAIn the original design of SNA, a network is built out of expensive, dedicated switching ... Although IBM continues the fiction that SNA is one architecture, ...
www.yale.edu/pclt/COMM/SNA.HTM - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

United Nations Statistics Division - National AccountsThe 1993 System of National Accounts (1993 SNA on the web* - English only) is a ... The System of National Accounts consists of an integrated set of ...
unstats.un.org/unsd/sna1993/introduction.asp - 27k - Cached - Similar pages

SchoolNet AfricaEncourages the use of the internet in African schools and links to national schoolnets throughout Africa. [Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portugese]
www.schoolnetafrica.net/ - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

Microsoft Host Integration Server: HomeThis Microsoft Operations Manager management pack provides monitoring of key Host Integration Server components, including SNA Connections and TN3270, ...
www.microsoft.com/hiserver/ - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Singapore Nurses AssociationThe Conference which is organised by the Singapore Nurses Association will be held from 12 – 14 July 2006. The organising committee invites speakers to ...
www.sna.org.sg/ - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

How to do Social Network AnalysisA brief introduction to to the key concepts of social and organizational network analysis.
www.orgnet.com/sna.html - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All I got was:

John Wayne Airport (SNA), owned and operated by the County of Orange is the only commercial service airport in Orange County, California.

School Nutrition Association: The Voice of Child Nutrition. ASFSA is a non-profit professional association representing 60000 members of the school ...

and

[SIZE=-1]Introduce the SNA protocol, used primarily by mainframe systems and terminals. ... Before contemporary networks existed, IBM's Systems Network Architecture ...
[/SIZE]
Google sucks.

skizkit

usually google is pretty dead on... if you use the function "define X" (X = any word/acronym wanting defined) in your search it usually provides a pretty accurate definition... but since SNA is not a very widely coined term, google isn't much help. But i totally feel you, all these acronyms being thrown around here causes much confusion... which is why the define function has become a great friend of mine.

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Even searching for "sna navy acronym" isn't very helpful. Look at all the possible definitions this acronym dictionary popped up with.

SNA Systems Network Architecture (IBM)
SNA Anaheim, CA, USA - John Wayne International - Orange County (Airport Code)
SNA Santa Ana, CA, USA - John Wayne Airport (Airport Code)
SNA Scaler Network Analyzer
SNA School Nutrition Association
SNA Serial Number Arithmetic
SNA Service National Adapté (France)
SNA Shared Network Architecture
SNA Shared Network Arrangement
SNA Simple Network Administration
SNA Simple Network Automated Provisioning (Cisco)
SNA Single and Available
SNA Skynet Asia Airways (Japan)
SNA Social Network Analysis
SNA Sociedad Nacional de Agricultura (Chilean Agricultural Society)
SNA Société Nationale de l'Acadie
SNA Southern Nursery Association, Inc.
SNA Soviet Naval Aviation
SNA Steerable Null Antenna
SNA Stichting voor de Nederlandse Archeologie (Dutch Archaeology Body)
SNA Strategic National Account
SNA Strategic Needs Assessment
SNA Student Naval Aviator
SNA Student Nursing Association
SNA Subordination, Nondisturbance, and Attornment (lease agreement)
SNA Surface Navy Association
SNA Survivable Network Analysis
SNA Switch Network Address
SNA Synchronous Network Architecture
SNA System of National Accounting

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
silly aviators...

I did a search for "SNA + navy" and had no problem finding what SNA stands for

SNA stands for Surface Navy Association.....duh

The next link after that has what you guys would probably think SNA means, however.

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
I went to my recruiter thinking I was going to be a horticulturist for the Southern Nursery Association and would up in flight school...screwed by google again.:icon_rage

Also, did you see the Japanese have started the sequence that will lead to the destruction of all mankind with the invention of Skynet Asia (don't let the airline cover story fool you).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You guys can be SNA's / SNFO's if you want .... sounds more like something on my Kleenex after a hard sneeze. As long as no one has the cojones to take a stand, the terms SNA/SNFO (and you, as a result) will always conjure up images of .... Kleenex residue.

Back-in-the-day .... we were called .... "STUD's" ... i.e., "STUD-ents" .... not too hard to figure. :) Then ........ PC took over.

SNA/SNFO .... or "STUD" ..... take your pick. You want to be Naval Aviators. Be somebody .... :icon_rast