• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

X-47B UCAS-D gets first trap at NAS Pax River | Video

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty cool. Wonder what part of that is automated and what part is manually flown.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Pretty cool. Wonder what part of that is automated and what part is manually flown.
I don't know for sure, but if I were a betting man, I would say it is 100% automated. We had the "test" control panel up in PriFly on Lincoln, and there was a touchscreen that controlled it in the pattern. It would show it's position relative to the ship and you could command it to extend upwind, turn downwind, waveoff, etc. We had a C-12 go down to about the 100' point and execute waveoffs for about 6-7 patterns. Pretty interesting.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wonder how it's going to do when the TACAN goes down, or if it even uses it. I would guess it uses some other flavor of link with the ship's PPLI, or some such.