• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WTF?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
In the middle of a 10 hour ASWEX, when the helos have had their third crew cycle through and get their readiness and head backsheep and we're still onstation, I too have been known to utter the phrase "why the fuck didn't I fly helos?"

..then I go land. On land.

And have a steak and a beer... I'm on the boat and guess what, it's chilli-mac night in the wardroom!

KBayDog

I'm on the boat and guess what, it's chilli-mac night in the wardroom!

And, unfortunately, it's the 5th straight night that you've missed meal hours because you were flying. Not to worry, though, because they saved a few paper plates of chicken soup for you and your crew.

BackOrdered

Contributor
To me, remove the racial profiling arguement and remove whether or not the boy looked like a thug; you still have the case of a dead minor and a highly irresponsible adult suspect who needs to be held accountable.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
To me, remove the racial profiling arguement and remove whether or not the boy looked like a thug; you still have the case of a dead minor and a highly irresponsible adult suspect who needs to be held accountable.
Way to ruin a perfectly good threadjack... Thanks a lot.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I'm surprised MSNBC hasn't stepped in and stopped Sharpton from broadcasting in general. He's atrocious and completely unwatchable. That aside, he's in the same "pundit" category as Hanity or O'Reilly. Not a journalist by any stretch, so none of them are held to any kind of journalistic standards.

Surprised ? Why would you be suprised by MSNBC's lack of action? True, Hannity is as conservative as Sharpton is liberal. But Hannity does not travel around the country to incite crowds and anger whenever a politically/racially controversial event takes place. To even compare him to Sharpton causes me to question your intentions in this particular instance.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My intentions? What might those be? I believe my point was that Sharpton is a horrible broadcaster and that neither he, nor his conservative counterparts are journalists. They all suck and both flavors are a poor substitute for substantive debate on political issues.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
You created a rhtorical equivalent between Al Sharpton & Shawn (sp?) Hannity. To do that is, IMHO, either not intellectually observant or disingenuous, to say the least. I'm not seeking a message-board food fight here, just think you stretched your already weak point to an extreme

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are they not both non-journalist pundits? I've made no other claim. The original post was to indicate that neither Sharpton nor Hannity were held to journalistic standards. Whether one of them is better or worse than the other is irrelevant. If you think your boy Sean is somehow objectively better than Sharpton, you're entitled to that opinion. I have no use for either of them.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
You created a rhtorical equivalent between Al Sharpton & Shawn (sp?) Hannity. To do that is, IMHO, either not intellectually observant or disingenuous, to say the least. I'm not seeking a message-board food fight here, just think you stretched your already weak point to an extreme

Fog, with all due respect, it might be time to step away from Fox News for a little while. While Hannity is not the same KIND of asshat as Sharpton, he is an asshat none-the-less. I think this is the point Brett was trying to make - neither of them (or the scores of vapid talking heads at their respective networks) do the term journalist much favor.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Hey man, Fox News is the only one that tells the TRUTH! You need to quit listening to the lamestream media!

Reactions: Fog

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
35et2u.jpg