• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WTF "mental and emotional shock and distress"

Status
Not open for further replies.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3975526/detail.html

Student Seeks At Least $20,000 From Classmate In Suit

POSTED: 5:25 pm EST December 6, 2004
UPDATED: 9:36 am EST December 7, 2004

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- A midshipman at the Naval Academy has filed a $20,000 lawsuit accusing a female classmate of assaulting him and causing "mental and emotional shock and distress."

Midshipman William Campbell filed the suit Thursday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. The suit alleges that midshipman Ariana Downs, a former varsity soccer player from Auburn, Wash., punched, hit and struck him during an unprovoked attack on Sept. 25.

It was unclear whether the incident had been reported to officials at the academy or military law enforcement officials. Cmdr. Rod Gibbons, an academy spokesman declined comment.

Annapolis attorney Thomas J. McCarthy Jr., who is representing Campbell, called the case a "small dispute between two people," adding that the incident could still be resolved outside of court.

He said he represents midshipmen in cases within the military justice system, but filed this one in civilian court "because of the nature of the case."

"You can get in trouble in the military for having an altercation," McCarthy told The (Annapolis) Capital. "It can have career-ending implications."

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He he he he......he got beat up by a girl :D

Actually, this is just too sad. I am going to have to give my academy buddies grief.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Websters Dictionary:

Pansy:
A midshipman at the Naval Academy has filed a $20,000 lawsuit accusing a female classmate of assaulting him and causing "mental and emotional shock and distress."

Midshipman William Campbell filed the suit Thursday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. The suit alleges that midshipman Ariana Downs, a former varsity soccer player from Auburn, Wash., punched, hit and struck him during an unprovoked attack on Sept. 25.........

NAPSmom05

Wow. It does seem funny. But also strange, too. Must have been one heck of an attack, or....on the flip side.. I wonder if this is backlash to females at the academy. A hard line on "you want equality..." kind of thing. Interesting though. Good grief!
Naps05Mom

Kycntryboy

pilot
So he got punched and kicked and he wants $20,000 for....."mental and emotional shock and distress"? How the hell could this dude pan out in a war, I hope he wasn't planning on being a marine.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Kycntryboy said:
So he got punched and kicked and he wants $20,000 for....."mental and emotional shock and distress"? How the hell could this dude pan out in a war, I hope he wasn't planning on being a marine.

I think i'm going to sue my opponent after my next no holds barred match. I could get at least 2 million dollars at that rate. :icon_boxi

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Now, she punched him and kicked him right, and he's suing her and everyone says he's a jackass (which I agree with).

Now, what if after she'd punched and kicked him, he'd just knocked the stupid b!tch on her a$$. You know he'd be getting screwed right now and she'd get off clean. I can feel this guy's frustration, if not sympathize with his lawsuit.

Broadsword2004

VarmintShooter said:
Now, she punched him and kicked him right, and he's suing her and everyone says he's a jackass (which I agree with).

Now, what if after she'd punched and kicked him, he'd just knocked the stupid b!tch on her a$$. You know he'd be getting screwed right now and she'd get off clean. I can feel this guy's frustration, if not sympathize with his lawsuit.

Yeah I kinda agree, don't judge the situation unless you saw it. While the claim sounds kinda funny, still, don't make any decisions unless you were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.