• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

wtf happened to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul121080

So here is the scenario: I went to willow grove and passed my flight physical for NFO. they caled back my Gunny adn told him to bring me back because my eyes were right on the line for becoming a pilot. So I went back and passed the eye exam for pilots just barely. WEll I just recieved word from my Gunny that NOMI I believe it was, said that my eyes are too close to the line and that i cant be a pilot. If any one has any insight on what happened here please help me clarify it for myself. Pilots insight would be greatly appreciated and Flight Surgeons insight would be even more appreciated. Also the worst part is that i have to decide in the next twelve hours whether I still wnat to go NFO or if I want to go ground. Thank for your help

kevin

i would think if you appeal it would at the very least buy you some time. sorry i dont have any good answers for you but im just not that familiar with the nami/nomi flight physical stuff. if nobody is responding to your thread try to send a pm to wink (type in his name under members). he's got a lot of good info. by the way, that's the funniest damn title to a thread ive ever seen.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I would talk to the head eye doc at NOMI and ask him WTF. If you are in the limits, you are in the limits. Thats why the range is there. If you are not then go NFO. I would ask for the limitations and then ask for your vision test results. I was on the border at NOMI and every other test has been fine. So def. ask whats going on? Dont settle. I'll PM you a eye doc's name at NOMI. Aks for him.

Dave

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
I went to Villanova and just let me warn you, Willow Grove is notorious for goof-ups on the paperwork side of things. Def get the results and have them rechecked by someone else, could get you in, could turn out as happened to several people I know that WG messed up and you aren't eligible for pilot even though they said you were. I along with two other people from my graduating class were told we were good to go by WG only to later find out that we wern't and had to go jump through hoops to get things straightened out (took one guy getting to API, being told he wasn't OK, and having to go through 5 months of BS to get cleared), all of these thanks to paperwork mess-ups at WG.

Status
Not open for further replies.