• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WSJ Paula Cofflin article

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Interesting and pathetic how quickly people have bought her "Oh woe is me" story. Those of us that were there and spent years afterward trying to work through the witchhunt will never forgive her. What's the Yoga position for head-up-ass-pathetic-loser called?

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
After being literally in the center of the Tailhook whirlwind, making Paula a hero is... well, there aren't really words strong enough. It started as a well-run investigation by the NIS (the "old" NCIS) which didn't give the "proper" results, and then the buffoonery started. I personally received a four-day all-expenses-paid "vacation" to beautiful downtown Norfolk (from San Diego... the U.S. government picked up the airline ticket, hotel and some of the meals) to testify at a inquiry run by a Navy captain. It seems that a LTJG (female-type) swore that she saw the ComFit Chief of Staff on an airlift and saw him again on the 3rd floor when one of the incidents took place (not Paula's... another one). No matter that they had sworn statements by him (an O-6) and by ComFit (a rear admiral) that the two of them had driven up the day before. So there I was... for 10 minutes of unnecessary testimony that I had not seen the COS on the floor when the incident happened. This was just one of thousands of stupid tactics being foisted upon hapless Naval Aviators/NFOs for much too long a time. Giving a bunch of bean-counters (the DoD IG) the opportunity to play cop/inquisitor was a real stroke of "genius." Take about a bunch of clueless bastards...
Oh... and the "victims." There were a LOT of them that didn't even know that they were on the books as victims until they were contacted by news media long after the fact.
Snare a copy of the book "The Mother of All Hooks" if you want to know how deep the idiocy went.

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
maymag_2ndchap1_G_20090420182003.jpg

I have to admit, I almost puked when I saw this picture.

"Great" way to show respect to the uniform of this country...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I remember when I saw a yoga class and grew up dreaming to become a yoga instructor. Oh wait, that's a shitty parachute if ever there was one. I hope she looks up everyday to see us flying off the beach and it reminds her of what she brought down on everyone around her and is ashamed of it.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Thanks for sharing the article. May she have to move again soon now that more of her neighbors know what kind of opportunist she truly is. No amount of medication or meditation can fix "opportunism". It's a serious character flaw that lashes out indiscriminately. Paula is "Bi-Winning" isn't she!

Coughlin worked for me at PAX. She was a player. She was written up for wearing a t shirt dress with no under garments on an open house party on a frigate. There were pictures of her climbing up ladders. The file couldn't be found after her 'attack"
The stories of getting her legs shaved are true. There is a video of it that the Navy refused to enter into the record.

I have no respect for her or the people who put her up to it. Bigest which hunt ever in the Navy just to get women in fighters.

As for that picture above, either she has had plastic surgery but it doesn't look like Coughlin. Did y'all know Red Book paid her $1 million for a 3 page article BEFORE anyone went to mast?

I am retired, I can say what I want.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Coughlin worked for me at PAX. She was a player. She was written up for wearing a t shirt dress with no under garments on an open house party on a frigate. There were pictures of her climbing up ladders. The file couldn't be found after her 'attack"
The stories of getting her legs shaved are true. There is a video of it that the Navy refused to enter into the record.

I have no respect for her or the people who put her up to it. Bigest which hunt ever in the Navy just to get women in fighters.

As for that picture above, either she has had plastic surgery but it doesn't look like Coughlin. Did y'all know Red Book paid her $1 million for a 3 page article BEFORE anyone went to mast?

I was in Bahrain in 1993 and shared a drink (or two or three) with a helo bubba who told me the same thing. Paula liked to party, she just liked it on her terms.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

Welcome aboard and please, continued to speak your mind. I don't believe in the PC BS either. And like you, I'm retired so I can say what I want.