• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WSJ: Major Hasan and Holy War

RussBow6

crossfit linked to this article today... after reading it all i thought was amen.

i dont want to start a commander and chief critique here but i was wondering what you guys that were actually in the military thought about Gerecht's argument and if you see that political correctness in your day to day?

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
BS flags are pretty high. A Western president asking muslims why their faith produces so many jihadists isn't gonna help anything. I've heard that the FBI dropped the ball on this one before, but I'm guessing the details of what they did or didn't do won't be made public to us.

If you're interested about this kind of stuff, read some books like Understanding Arabs, by Margaret Nydell, Through Our Enemies Eyes, by Michael Scheuer, or Terror in the Name of God, by Jessica Stern.

IRfly

None
"Commander and chief?" Really? Have you ever actually read those words somewhere, or just heard them on Fox News and AM radio?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The author of the op-ed piece has an over-inflated and much too rosy an opinion of how well some European governments handle domestic terrorism cases. While some European countries have significant capabilities in many cases our system is much more effective and punishment more harsh than the typical European anti-terrorism effort.

Plus, we don't pay off terrorists. :eek:

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
"Commander and chief?" Really? Have you ever actually read those words somewhere, or just heard them on Fox News and AM radio?

Well, considering that they'll call POTUS the CinC in pretty much any context (instead of the sole correct context: CinC of the military), it's not very surprising. Since 2001, it seems like the POTUS could be CinC of pretty much anything.

Flugelman

Contributor
I generally don't care for Commanders or Chiefs ;)

Threadjack/

Thought about neg rep but took into account that you're SWO. Blackshoe Chiefs aren't as awesome as Airdale Chiefs so you wouldn't be in a position to appreciate our talents. :D

J/K :D

/End threadjack

RussBow6

yeah i love this stuff and especially how the jihadists think... pretty foreign to me so cool to learn about. even the little bit of stuff Luttrell mentioned in his book was interesting to get a glimpse at the culture over there and how their customs work. chuck pfarrer goes a little bit into the culture over there too; he was more beruit and south america though. crazy how different the worldviews are across the globe

i'll definitely check out those books mentioned above though. thanks guys