• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wrong Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Take note that in the article, they say...

"(The) Multi-National Force-Iraq deeply regrets the loss of possibly innocent lives."

These releases are read and re-read many times, and are worded very carefully. I think that something could possibly be read into the inclusion of the phrase "possibly innocent". They may have hit something that they didnt intend to hit, but on the other hand, these people likely were no innocent victims.

I could be way off target here, purely speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Godspeed said:
I love it FLY. You are as sensitive as a god d*mn brick. Nonetheless, I couldn't agree with you more.

I am sensitive. Ask anyone that actually knows me.

I also live in the real world and am sick and tired of an apologetic United States. It's a god damn war and it's run by human beings. There will be mistakes and innocent people will die. I know this. So do all of you.

I'm sorry if I sound cranky.

Reactions: ben

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Pat: Are you insinuating that CNN is *slightly* biased???

I think their coverage of Saddam's mass graves and terrorist beheadings and of suicide attacks compared evenly to their coverage of the Abu Ghraib tortures and the US Body Count. They are 100% unbiased, down the middle reporters. They just tell it like it is, and don't inject their own politics into any of their stories.

Oops..don't forget the tsunami.

My favorite I think...(they are all good though :D)

No wait...this is the best example of CNN's balanced reporting

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Hey fly, I was just ribbing you. Nothing like a little humor to keep things light.

thrillseeker121

It is unfortunate that targets are missed by aircraft and civilians die. But, it does happen. I wish CNN and anyother media organizations would understand that and not point any hauty fingers at the military. This only turns people away from the military thinking that it is a bad thing. It is almost like CNN is saying "An F-16 deliberately bombed a civilian house today killing 100 women and children just because the military likes to kill civilians." It isn't like the military doesn't take drastic steps to avoid mishaps like this. CNN needs to realize that.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
I love how CNN exploits all of the things that we "supposedly" screw up. And they ARE biased - any realist knows this - I just wish I had the time write html code into my post to prove it. Lets just think outside the box for a sec here ladies and gents, what if we meant to hit that house, we just could'nt come out and say that we just took out someone of stratigic importance. Think about it - we accidently drop one on a house that in all reality had an HVT in it. We dont really want any one to know about it for reason of intel reprocussions, so what do we do, we head fake it. You really think that we dont take the media into consideration and impliment them into our stratigic plans. We(humans) are alot smarter than we let ourselves be due to reasons that I wont delve into (another beer for another post). In any event im done ranting so talk amugst yourselves, im getting a little veclempt.....

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I would agree that the media focusus on the rarest of events, i.e. civilian casualties. It is when the politicians focus on events like this that piss me off. I only saw it reported on Foxnews, which didn't do a bad job of reporting it (at least i thought not). It seemed unbiased; and what happened was clearly stated. They didn't use words like horrible, or tragic, or anything. It's not like we are strafing schools or anything :-D <kidding, kidding.

Grant

Austin8585 said:
Think about it - we accidently drop one on a house that in all reality had an HVT in it.

Excellent point. If we came out and said, "We took out a HVT, but there were X-number additional civilian casualties." Saying, "Woops, it was an accident" makes it a little bit easier all the way around.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
Does anyone remember the F-16 that accidentaly fired upon a middle school in New Jersey earlier this year. Apparently the F-16 uses the same trigger to activate both laser targeting and weapons. The pilot had it in the wrong mode and fired upon the school when he meant to use the laser. I wonder what the outcome of this story will be. Also, HueyCaptain don't you think the websites you used to show CNN's bias were in themselves biased?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Also, HueyCaptain don't you think the websites you used to show CNN's bias were in themselves biased?

Of course every website out there that would comment on the topic one way or another is going to have some sort of intrinsic bias.

To find those articles, I just googled "CNN bias" and found a few stories, then I searched around on some political websites I know of to find a few more, and actually there were a few that I had read before that I couldn't find (in a reasonable period of time). For example, I read an article last summer talking about how CNN had only talked about the mass graves 4 or 5 times, while they had over 60+ segments on Abu Ghraib. I think that is a pretty clear cut indication of CNN's bias. Maybe not politically (ie: left or right wing), but when a story about humiliation beats out stories about hundreds of thousands of dead people, you have to question their motives to some extent.

Further, some of those articles WERE objective (vice subjective as you claim). For example, the article showing how in the past CNN stated 5.6% unemployment was "low" and now they state it as being "high." I suppose a case could be made for the reasoning behind the disparity here, and your own individual point of view could lead you to different conclusions regarding the source and intention of said disparity; however none of the websites I found decided to argue that that disparity was actually an example of CNN's conservative bias.

In any event, I guess bias itself is subjective, so it is difficult to successfully point out bias, without an article being biased to some extent in and of itself.

That's deep...

Oh well, a picture is worth a thousand words:
cnn-bush-arzehole.jpg

ok
/sorry
//threadjack off

Status
Not open for further replies.