• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wow. I'm sorry this guy lost his buds. That's horrible. But cry me a river! My god, it's called intestinal fortitude. If things are not being done by the books, then stand up and take some heat to make it right. Oh, and guess what, when on deployment, maintainers working 12 on and 12 off is normal. Guess what, when on deployment, your crew day isn't 12 hours.

When everything is wrong around you, don't start blaming everyone else, ask yourself what you're doing to change it!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Wow. I'm sorry this guy lost his buds. That's horrible. But cry me a river! My god, it's called intestinal fortitude. If things are not being done by the books, then stand up and take some heat to make it right. Oh, and guess what, when on deployment, maintainers working 12 on and 12 off is normal. Guess what, when on deployment, your crew day isn't 12 hours.

When everything is wrong around you, don't start blaming everyone else, ask yourself what you're doing to change it!

My thoughts exactly. What a puss.

The real question is how did Physicx manage to find this story while he was cruising Craig's List for S&M chicks and transvestites?

Brett

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah yeah yeah, I already saw this on flightinfo.com. Nothing in it to verify the writer is who or what he claims.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bs2.gif

KBayDog

Amen.

Searched for press releases/news stories with those names. Nothing. Even during peacetime mishaps, the news normally tells the names of the crews.

This is probably some leftist trash posted to keep the anti-war fires burning.

(What made me suspicious was the 13% readiness, and that the officers had to pony up for TP. OH - and the fact that I can't find a Marine mishap even CLOSE to the one he describes during the week of 16 Dec 05 that would leave him shaking.)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not onyl is this guy bitching on the wrong forum and anonymously but he is bitching about the wrong things. There are amny things to fix in Marine Aviation but he missed the mark and chose the wrong forum.
The preferred method to handle this is get out then bitch as a public citizen and tax payer.
while still on active duty keep your damn mouth shut unless you are bitching to each other or the chain of command.

bigfish

I can always fall back on my SAW skills
pilot
Amen, skidkid. I haven't hit the fleet as an aviator, but from my enlisted days if you have a legitimate problem, especially one that is as obvious as this guy is talking about, get a few people together and run it up the chain. If you can't get others in your unit to stand with you then you're either in a horrible unit or you're making things worse in your own mind than they really are and you need to quit biatching.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
zab1001 said:
Yeah yeah yeah, I already saw this on flightinfo.com. Nothing in it to verify the writer is who or what he claims.

While I agree, what I find more disturbing is that I got sucked into a rant from this interweb posting. I should know better when nothing really adds up in the post. But for those that are in the pipeline, my first post still stands.

Oh, and KBay, yes, I've had to buy soap and TP. Soap because no one had the keys to the money locker (1st LT was gone) and TP because the damn TP ship couldn't be offloaded thanks to the striking longshoreman on the island. War is hell.

KBayDog

Stop getting wrapped around the axle about this craigslist B.S.

It's phony. It's nothing more than anti-war propaganda.

gatordev said:
Oh, and KBay, yes, I've had to buy soap and TP. Soap because no one had the keys to the money locker (1st LT was gone) and TP because the damn TP ship couldn't be offloaded thanks to the striking longshoreman on the island. War is hell.

1st LT was gone, and the supply chain broke down?

No wonder they send most of us Marines to the RAGs and beyond as 1stLts ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
JIMC5499 said:
If I was sure that I wouldn't get into trouble, I'd paste A-4's Avitar right here.

:timebomb2

Here ... no trouble .... be my guest .... XOXO .... A4s