• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow! An Air Force BGEN unloads in his going away speech!!!!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
F-ing awesome. They took you to see a general officer for that (I'm assuming that, as in the USMC, officer NJP requires a GO)? I'd think a beat-down by a ltcol or colonel CO would be enough.

Then again, I'm surprised by nothing when it comes to seniors covering their butts.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
F-ing awesome. They took you to see a general officer for that (I'm assuming that, as in the USMC, officer NJP requires a GO)? I'd think a beat-down by a ltcol or colonel CO would be enough.

Then again, I'm surprised by nothing when it comes to seniors covering their butts.

Yep...I thought the 2-star bean-cracking was a little overkill when...if they really were pissed...a simple ass chewing from my Commander would have been WAY more than enough.

As I said, it's no longer the AF I joined....

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Sorry to go down this road...assuming you didn't pull your crank out sober, did you get the adverse fitrep for the alcohol related incident (or as the cool kids call it,"ARI").

MasterBates

Wow.. And to think my only current goal is to make it to terminal leave without getting brought up on charges.

Alimony is paid off in 2 months.. I can afford some docked pay come May.... :icon_smil

(now what sort of trouble shall I get into?)

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Sorry to go down this road...assuming you didn't pull your crank out sober, did you get the adverse fitrep for the alcohol related incident (or as the cool kids call it,"ARI").

Yes. In the USAF it's called a "Referral OPR". It's actually pretty awesome, too...I'll have to dig out a copy of that. The top line of the report says that I'm the Field Grade Officer of the Quarter, the bottom one says that I got an Art 15 for Conduct Unbecoming.

It actually wasn't called an "alcohol related incident", despite the fact that it took place in the Club and with drinking obviously occurring. Too much to discuss on this one, though. The accusation, investigation, and punishment process was so much of a circus that it's best told over a Jack and Coke. If anyone ends up out this way, if you buy the drink, I'll tell the story. Military discipline at it's finest.

I will say one thing about the experience: I sure changed my act really damn quick once I realized the sight picture and threat level of my current station/command. In that capacity, I suppose that the punishment was effective. Rather like killing a spider with a nuclear strike, though. Doesn't really do nice things to the career outlook, either.

ajgeng

Best... Thread... Ever... Setup by crazy uncle Stroud and brought home by HackerF15E!

I mean, all talk of his ability to put together a coherent "f*ck you" speech aside, and assuming it's not internet b.s., at least its honest. I can't count the number of retirements, post and reliefs, and changes of command where the speeches consisted of "you're the greatest, no YOU are, no thank YOU for your service, no thank YOU for the opportunity." All the while, the troops are standing at parade rest and can't even hear the speech. Honesty and candor are too rare.

Interesting side note from his official bio at http://www.ng.mil/ngbgomo/library/bio/2259.htm
18. March 2009 - March 2010, Commander, 162nd Fighter Wing, Tucson, Arizona
19. April 2010 - May 2010, United States Air Force Retired Reserves
20. May 2010 - Present, Commander, 162nd Fighter Wing, Tucson, Arizona

So he's back?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So he's back?

No, they just haven't bothered to update the bio on that site. A simple check of the 162nd Fighter Wing website would have answered your question but I guess that would have been too easy.