• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wounded Warrior Project execs fired, finally

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
WWP has done some good, somewhere....probably. I have some experience raising money for WWP, in fact, some of you helped me do it back in 2010. It was a really poor experience and from that point forward I looked for other and better charities. WWP had two things going for them:

1. a catchy name
2. a catchy name that pulled on the heart strings of Americans who for the past 14+ years have decided "supporting the troops" meant a bumper sticker or a donation to WWP.

When looking for somewhere to send your cash, I recommend using this website to do your homework.

That being said, in the category of "shut up and take my money" - The Wingman Foundation. Go check these guys out. If any of them are regulars here - well done and keep after it!

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Amazed WWP made it this long with that shadiness going on.

+1 for the Wingman Foundation

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Opinion piece from Dallas Morning News.

Pull quote:

"You don’t need a military record to be outraged by the accusations of financial misdeeds at the Wounded Warrior Project. The more I learn about the Wounded Warrior Project controversy, the madder I get. Badly injured servicemen and women seem to have been used as fundraising props."

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My Mom ran a non-profit for years and still reviews grants for them and I still remember her saying that if a non-profit isn't spending at least 75% of its funding on its core mission, and that doesn't include fundraising like WWP counted, then they are doing something wrong. Good on WWP on trying to get their house in order.

Charity Navigator, BBB Wise Giving Alliance and CharityWatch are all good resources if you want to find out more about the charity you would like to donate to.