• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worth the Trip?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea, we can sit here and bounce stories back and forth all day and night about personal experiences regarding who got househunting leave and who didn't, where they were coming from and where they were going. I don't really care. It doesn't matter. There are times when it can be authorized and there are times when it shouldn't be authorized. It's not a right, an entitlement, or whatever else you want to call it. And technically, it's 5 days which can be extended to 10 days if you include weekends, holidays, and liberty. The latter IS more typical, however, which is why the common belief is that it's 10 days. Additionally, for the record, new acessions are not authorized househunting leave at all. If they get it, so be it and good for them.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Yea, we can sit here and bounce stories back and forth all day and night about personal experiences regarding who got househunting leave and who didn't, where they were coming from and where they were going. I don't really care. It doesn't matter. There are times when it can be authorized and there are times when it shouldn't be authorized. It's not a right, an entitlement, or whatever else you want to call it. And technically, it's 5 days which can be extended to 10 days if you include weekends, holidays, and liberty. The latter IS more typical, however, which is why the common belief is that it's 10 days. Additionally, for the record, new acessions are not authorized househunting leave at all. If they get it, so be it and good for them.

Way to get worked up over house hunting leave!

Point is you may get it, maybe not, check your local listings. I have never been told no, but then again (thank God), I have never worked for Steve. If you do get it, then by all means come down and enjoy the Riviera. If you don't get it, don't sweat it. There are plenty of students who come down here and find a place with no problems.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Way to get worked up over house hunting leave!
My concern is not the househunting leave. It's the expectation of getting it when it shouldn't be expected that I'm trying to get at...mostly for the new acessions because they don't know any better. For the fleet guys, you should know better. Now, I realize that the 3710 is the only instruction that aviators need to follow, but for the rest of the Navy there are other instructions and regulations that guide it through its day to day operations. Yes, the MILPERSMAN is one of these. Now, for what it's worth, it doesn't matter what you, I, or Seaman Jones thinks about the househunting rules. Right or wrong, it is what it is, there in black and white. If your CO wants to deviate from what it says, GREAT!

On that note, I have never not recommended approval for someone's househunting request, regardless of whether it was authorized by the instruction or not. It's one of the last few good deals in the Navy.

Bunk22 said:
I cam from San Diego, my DH tour.
...and hence, why it was authorized.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Come on guys...you know Left Eye is just following the SWO doctrine...

STAB, STAB, LOOK, STAB

:D :D :D

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
...and hence, why it was authorized.

I've taken 10 days coming from shore tour, sea tour, both as an O-3 and O-4. Again, the point here is that it can be done, has been done and will continue to be done. It's fucking stupid to argue about it for no other reason than to argue about it.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've taken 10 days coming from shore tour, sea tour, both as an O-3 and O-4. Again, the point here is that it can be done, has been done and will continue to be done.
So have I. The point is, I knew what the rules were and didn't expect it when I knew it wasn't authorized by the MILPERSMAN. I know it's hard to believe, but there are some CO's out there that take this shit seriously; they follow the regs to the letter. This and only this is what I'm trying to get across.