• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worth the Trip?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
So have I. The point is, I knew what the rules were and didn't expect it when I knew it wasn't authorized by the MILPERSMAN. I know it's hard to believe, but there are some CO's out there that take this shit seriously; they follow the regs to the letter. This and only this is what I'm trying to get across.

Then why not say that instead of playing games? In my 14 years, I have yet to come across a CO that hasn't given house hunting leave. Even the hard core ones.

MasterBates

Bunky,

I know in the C2 world, you have been insulated from all things SWO. Much like women being more insane than usual 1 week out of the month, that is just their way. Easier to just let it be, and be glad that as a COD guy, you have never had to deal with them in the way that HSL does.

:D

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Then why not say that instead of playing games? In my 14 years, I have yet to come across a CO that hasn't given house hunting leave. Even the hard core ones.
No games. In my 14 years, I saw it happen several times where sailors got denied househunting. While the large majority of the denials came from Submariners and SWO's, I have seen two aviator CO's deny househunting.

snake020

Contributor
No games. In my 14 years, I saw it happen several times where sailors got denied househunting. While the large majority of the denials came from Submariners and SWO's, I have seen two aviator CO's deny househunting.

Why? For fun? That doesn't seem fall in line with taking care of one's troops very well.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Yea, we can sit here and bounce stories back and forth all day and night about personal experiences regarding who got househunting leave and who didn't, where they were coming from and where they were going. I don't really care. It doesn't matter. There are times when it can be authorized and there are times when it shouldn't be authorized. It's not a right, an entitlement, or whatever else you want to call it. And technically, it's 5 days which can be extended to 10 days if you include weekends, holidays, and liberty. The latter IS more typical, however, which is why the common belief is that it's 10 days. Additionally, for the record, new acessions are not authorized househunting leave at all. If they get it, so be it and good for them.

House hunting PTAD is automatically authorized for ALL aviation offciers. It is automatically denied for all blackshoes in order to better acclimate them to the miserable, screwed-up world of being a surface warfare officer.
:icon_carn

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
House hunting PTAD is automatically authorized for ALL aviation offciers. It is automatically denied for all blackshoes in order to better acclimate them to the miserable, screwed-up world of being a surface warfare officer.

Finally, someone has logically explained the reasoning :D

Fred

In the 19 years we've been married my husband has never been able to take it. Had nothing to do with CO's being jerks....just bad timing.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Didn't Seaman Jones marry Seaman Schmuckatelly?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Finally, a voice of reason. I feel better now.