• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worried about being selected

vin2000

I just took the astb and got 52 6/7/6, which are fairly poor scores. I majored in international affairs and history and got a 3.81. I have a letter of rec from a sitting congressman, a naval officer, and a professor. What do you think my chances are of making it into OCS?

My first choice is pilot, second is intel, and last is swo.

PensacolaBayou

The knowledge which you seek lies within.

Agreed.

It takes a while to get used to the various forums and vocabulary, especially if you are looking at information for applying to OCS and how to set up your application package. From my brief time here, it seems like your SWO application would be good but you might consider something other than Intel and the IDC. Most of the applicants for this week's board have either extensive security backgrounds, prior-military experience, or graduate degrees. I do not know anything about the pilot designators, but look around and see what is here.

Kevin Jenkins

pilot
I just took the astb and got 52 6/7/6, which are fairly poor scores. I majored in international affairs and history and got a 3.81. I have a letter of rec from a sitting congressman, a naval officer, and a professor. What do you think my chances are of making it into OCS?

I would suggest getting your kit in ASAP, as it takes some time to go through processing and get to PM status. Plus there is always the possibility of errors within the kit.

WB16

You have better stats than I did, and I was PRO-REC Y SNA in the March board. Of course, not every board has the same selection rate. All you can do is submit your package quickly and hope for the best.

torpedotor

I can't speak for pilot, but judging from what others have said, you don't have a very high chance of getting Intel. (Intel was also my first choice, and I didn't get it.) You may have a shot at SWO, though. Our backgrounds and LORs are pretty similar, and I got Pro Rec'd for SWO. An OAR score isn't everything on your application, and if you can stand out in other ways (i.e. leadership roles, high GPA, strong LORs, or a strong letter to the board) you might offset weaker portions.

Take what I've said with a grain of salt, though. I'm just an applicant; I don't have any information from the inside. I just wanted to encourage you as you move forward with your application. Best of luck!

mb1685

Based on what I've seen around here, 52 6/7/6 is not poor at all going for SNA. Maybe not a guaranteed Pro Rec Y, but a good shot. Your GPA is above average. Go for it.