• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Work Out Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midshipmanjosh

On the workout guide, there is an exercise called "bend and thrust". Can someone tell me what these are and how to do em. Also, there are 3 sets of numbers after the exercise (ie. bend and thrusts 15/15/10), could someone explain these too.

Thanks,
JOSH

T-man

Midshipmanjosh said:
On the workout guide, there is an exercise called "bend and thrust". Can someone tell me what these are and how to do em. Also, there are 3 sets of numbers after the exercise (ie. bend and thrusts 15/15/10), could someone explain these too.

Thanks,
JOSH

Bend and Thrust is where you stand (kinda at attention, feet together), bend down, knees bent, and place your hands on the ground in the pushup position. Then you thrust your feet out behind you and enter the pushup position. Once there, you reverse the process by pulling both feet in simultaniously and standing back up.

My assumption is that the 15/15/10 is number of reps per set, so instead of doing 3 sets of 10, you're doing 2 sets of 15 and 1 set of 10. Hope that makes sense.

Midshipmanjosh

yeah that makes perfect sense. Its the first part of the 8 count body builders exercise.

Thanks for the explaination,
Josh

Ann Merke

Mountain climbers?

Ok, so if that's what a "bend & thrust" is, which I was wondering meself, what is a "mountain climber"?

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Mountain climbers: start in the push-up rest/starting position. Jump forward with one knee so that it's on the ground right under your chest (you hands should still be in the same place). Then simultaneously kick that knee back so it's fully extended and bring the opposite knee forward to the same position. Repeat them really fast so you're basically doing a bicycling motion with your legs while in the push-up position.

Status
Not open for further replies.