• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Woot Selected, Thanks!

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Just got a call from my recruiter and I was selected for PLC Air 2010! It still seems like a dream. Thank you everyone on here for all of the help over the last two years.

For the young(er) noobs...it might seem like just a distant dream now but if you set the goal and never take your eyes off it, you will achieve it. Chronologically, my process from aspiring to applying:

January 2006: First considered being a military officer a possibility
March 2006: Signed up for Airwarriors and asked away.
May 2006: Took a flight lesson to see if flying was for me.
December 2006: Applied for a four-year NROTC scholarship.
March 2007: Found out I was rejected for the scholarship.
September 2007: Started school at WSU as a Sophomore in AFROTC
October 2007: Started my rough application for PLC
December 2007: Completed my application and awaited a board.
December 2007: Hated the Air Force so I dropped the program.
January 2008: Got the call!

If anyone is curious, this is an old thread I started when I first joined and voiced all of my question and concerns. Maybe it will help someone else out:
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15321&highlight="junior+high+school"

Once again, thanks a lot everyone! This forum played a huge role in my understanding of the application process and of OCS, flight school, etc. Time to go celebrate! :icon_zbee

STLEngineer

pilot

Who is this Woot guy? Sounds Swedish.

20071018swedishchef.jpg

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Good job sticking with it. It took me quite a while too because of things that happened (me not being able to run or do pullups, teacher fvcking up my grades and making me ineligible to go to PLC Juniors, etc...:icon_rage).

Now just make sure you're in the best shape possible before going. Bust your ass now (not literally, since we have that other thread going...) because you're going to want to back off later on towards your date to avoid injuries.

Good luck and congrats!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Many congrats! I am glad that the website, and posters on here were able to help you out.