• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WOOT! Got my orders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Fina-friggin'-lly! I got my orders to P-cola. Detach my command in November. Report to P-cola in November, NLT 22 Nov to be exact. Since Nov. 1 is a Monday, I'm going to see if they'll let me leave here on the 29th of October. I'm authorized 30 days leave, so that would be impossible if I actually detached in November. I'd have to detach 20 Oct to make that happen...have to account for travel and proceed time. Somehow, though, I just don't see that happening.

Anyway, I'm just glad to have orders in hand. Maybe I should change my name from Road Program to FIGMO.

Road Program

None
No, I'm not an Aggie. I don't know exactly what a "woot" is. It's just an expression of happiness I only use in web forums.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
w00t is a phrase said by script kiddies and 12 year old punks in online games. Say it again, and I'll make you eat your bars ... with the frogs removed ;)

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
W00T is L337 H@X3R (elite hacker) chat by kids that think they're cool because they can get 500 kills in a round of unreal/doom/ "insert your favorite online killing game here". See also p0wned and R0xx0r. Is that what you meant by Script Kiddie? Also Road, be prepared for more waiting when you get down here.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have no idea what a woot is... Aggies WHOOP!!!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Red2 said:
W00T is L337 H@X3R (elite hacker) chat by kids that think they're cool because they can get 500 kills in a round of unreal/doom/ "insert your favorite online killing game here". See also p0wned and R0xx0r. Is that what you meant by Script Kiddie? Also Road, be prepared for more waiting when you get down here.

A script kiddie is someone who thinks they're a 1337 H@X0R, but just steal script and code off other people's sites to try and exploit software running on a server. They use no real skill in entering a system, just merely someone else's work. They're the annoying sh!ts that like to DOS a system or exploit the holes in IE and IIS.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Can we tie them up in dark rooms, drip water on their faces for hours at a time, feed them liver and onions, and yell WOOT! at them incessantly?

Road Program

None
Fly...You're going to make ME eat my bars? What about these guys who know the whole history of "Woot" right down to its hacking origins and up through its glory days in Dungeons and Dragons?

Red...I'd rather spend time waiting in A-pool than being on a ship, underway, getting ready for the next assessment or inspection. Yes, sitting at some random desk checking towels or whatever it is you do while you're waiting to class up sure beats the crap out of actually working every day on a ship.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
Fly...You're going to make ME eat my bars? What about these guys who know the whole history of "Woot" right down to its hacking origins and up through its glory days in Dungeons and Dragons?

When you went to an engineering school and majored in CS then switched to EE, and understand programming and to some degree network systems, it annoys you. :)

I never played D&D, but DAMN you should have seen the LARP people at my school.... LARP = Live Action Role Playing. It's the funniest sh!t in the world!

rare21

pilot
Contributor
whoa i thought woot was the whole Arsenio Hall "Woot! Woot!" arm in the air thing.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Road Program said:

Red...I'd rather spend time waiting in A-pool than being on a ship, underway, getting ready for the next assessment or inspection. Yes, sitting at some random desk checking towels or whatever it is you do while you're waiting to class up sure beats the crap out of actually working every day on a ship.

My roommate Freshman year was one of those kids, so I sort of picked up on it; like Spanish, I understand it, but don't use it. Don't know about D&D, I think that was before my time.

Nope, not checking towels. Kinda wish I was though, it would be easier than this rocket science they're trying to teach me online through NPS. :sleep_125

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got lost on this thread after WOOT. I have no idea why I am even looking at this thread...... :D

DairyCreamer

You misspelled pwn :-p It was invented when someone playnig DoD was owning people, but he accidentally typed "you've been pwned." :D

Also, it's |-|4x0r

You are SO n00b :icon_tong

~Nate

Red2 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.