• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WooHoo!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAMOM

My son got Super Hornets on the west Coast! He is on cloud nine and so am I. I can't wait to pin his wings on him on Friday. He is living his dream......

hornetframer

Rhino WSO
None
Don't worry, NAS Lemoore is in the middle of nowhere. Lemoore, which is 8 miles East, is the closest town from the main gate. Visalia is about 30 miles East. The Hanford Mall is about 15-20 miles East of the gate also. Fresno is about an hour drive north from the base. Where all the squadrons are is 4-5 miles from Main side and has a 55 MPH speed limit to get there. Does he know what squadron he is going to after VFA-122?

I do not remember much else about the base since I was last there in April-May 1994 from F/A-18 FRAMP. Hope to be back there though within a couple years going to the RAG (FRS) to be a WSO.

SNAMOM

Winging was awesome!

The winging ceremony was more impressive that I thought it would be. I was so proud to pin his wings on him. I just want to say thanks to everyone for answering all of my questions the past several months. In response, my son is a K-Rock guy. They had a lot of guys getting Super Hornets (about 6 or 7) the rest got Hornets and there was I think 1 prowler slot. Now he gets to look forward to SERE school!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.