• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Woo hoo

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I PASSED. 6/6/6. Somehow I got a lower OAR this time than last time when I scored 5/5/4, but whatever. The Marines don't use OAR anyway. Next stop - flight physical on friday, PFT on saturday!

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Thanks. I know I am going to fail the run part of the PFT but my OSO said they just want to see where I stand. Yesterday I did a PFT and did 18 pullups, 84 crunches, and a 25:05 run. Gotta get that run down.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
doesn't sound like you've got too much to worry about on your PFT, not if you keep working. the run only has to come down a few minutes to get you out of the red, and if you work on the crunches you'll have 'em beat sooner than you think. congrats =)

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Thanks for the confidence. I am pretty confident about the run coming down as well. I just need to be careful with my pull-ups as I think I pulled a muscle or strained it or something. I don't have any pain, but I have this weird twinging in the muscle. I don't really know what to do for it. I was at 20 pull-ups without a problem but I am very limited now on how often I do them so hopefully I can end up with maxing the crunches, getting the run down, and then not stressing taking a couple weeks off of pull-ups.

Anyway, first things first: gotta pass the flight physical. My vision is right around 20/40 (20/30 on a good day). My nerves are shot lol........

stevo01

what did you do to improve your astb scores. I scored 5/5/5 a few weeks ago, and need to bring it up. We made about the same the first time, but need to improve as you did..any ideas.
thanks

E6286

OCC 191 Select
What test form did you take? I can give you tons of gouge for the aviation and nautical information. I think those questions and the spacial aperception are how you pass the PFAR and NFOAR.

I would reccommend getting an SAT math book, study the physics gouge on this site as well as the Arco book. For aviation information I can def. help you with stuff people told me not to mention look at the pilot book rec. on one of the posts around here. Those really are the most important parts of the test I think. My OAR dropped this time but my ratings went up. The Marine Corps doesn't use OAR so I don't care.

stevo01

got a 55 on the OAR ...so 5's all the way across. I studied the arco, as well as the Cliff Notes book, and the gouge on the site. So you think the SAT book helped out? Yeah, if you have some other specific things in mind, PM when you get a chance...Thanks..

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
stevo01 said:
I scored 5/5/5 a few weeks ago, and need to bring it up.

Can't you just get a one-point waiver? I was told (by my OSO) that the Marines consider the ASTB almost as 'pass/fail' (as opposed to the Navy who cares much more about your scores). False?

stevo01

it doesnt really matter to me, as long as i get the min. score. Im gonna go ground and switch to air later, just bc i think there are more ground contracts than air for 190...I dont want poor (but passing) astb scores to hold me back from going back to ocs..

5/5/5 is not to competitive if the numbers most guys post on this site are true. ive seen alot of 7+'s..

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
stevo01 said:
Im gonna go ground and switch to air later, just bc i think there are more ground contracts than air for 190...I dont want poor (but passing) astb scores to hold me back from going back to ocs..

Why don't you apply for both air and ground. If you get air, great, if you don't and get ground, go to OCS then switch later.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Actually 190 is almost all air according to my OSO so I am not sure where you got your gouge about being mostly ground. Also, switching to air later is not an easy task from what I have heard.

stevo01

well, got 6/6/6/ this time around. not great, but better than the previous. Cant take my flight physical until I get healed up from my prior injuries at ocs.

ip568

None
The Pensacola "O" and "C" courses await! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just kidding. Do your best and let it show.