• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wondering if numbers have changed

DimndDave14

About two years ago I looked at the Navy and their NFO and SNA program the recruiter said that there was a two year wait with the SNA and almost as long one with the NFO. I was curious if that number has changed? I not looking to become a one, I already found my niche. But this question came up b/c my roomate told me how the Marine Corps has stopped accepting all flight packcages until 2008.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was never a two year wait for SNA or NFO, two years ago or even in memory (that is alot of recruiting years for me). The programs on occasion fill up and you have to wait a few months before they open up again. Can't imagine why he said that. If you were talking to an enlisted recruiter he simply didn't know or was BSing you so you went for an enlisted program. Right now both SNA and NFO are slightly less then half full. There are about 40 NFO slots and 50 pilot slots nationwide left open for the NOV board. Talk to an officer programs recruiter only. Get your app in ASAP. Shoot for the NOV board and fall to the DEC board if necessary. Both programs will probably fill up for 2007 with in the next 3-5 months.

DimndDave14

Are the 50 slots you talked about, is that an average amount, or lower than normal ? Also are thoose slots also open for ROTC and Naval Grads?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are the 50 slots you talked about, is that an average amount, or lower than normal ? Also are thoose slots also open for ROTC and Naval Grads?

I said those numbers were "about", not average. If it was an average I would have said so. I only said "about" because I rounded the numbers by a couple to make it easy on you guys. One here and two there will not make a difference to any of you.

This forum is Navy OCS, not NROTC or Naval Grads, whatever they are. Therefore, the numbers I quote are, in fact, for pilots and NFOs sourced via OCS.