• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Women in Aviation

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
web_090228-N-7863V-582.jpg

090228-N-7863V-582 ATLANTA (Feb. 28, 2009) Rear Adm. Wendi Carpenter congratulates Lt. j.g. Carolyn Bloomfield for earning her carrier qualifications during the Women in Aviation Conference. More than 2,500 women attended the conference. (U.S. Navy photo by Ensign Kristine Volk/Released)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would feel embarrassed too if a 2 star hugged me...

That's not a hug, that's the Fraternal Cross-Shoulder Grasp. Typically reserved for O-6+ types. Feels awkward as hell.
"Howthehellareya, shipmate!"
"Um...fine, sir. Thank you."
"Shit hot! Grab a brew!"
"Aye, aye, sir."

Isn't Admiral Carpenter a TACAMO type? Feel like I've met her somewhere before she got stars.

cbduke

Yup, that would be me. I'm glad that lovely photograph has now made navy.mil AND airwarriors. The Admiral is awesome though.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Rear Adm. Wendi Carpenter
When she became Navy Region South East, an O-6 friend of mine got an ass chewing by a certain admiral for saying "hello" to her and not "good afternoon Maam/Admiral", him not noticing the star.:D

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
When she became Navy Region South East, an O-6 friend of mine got an ass chewing by a certain admiral for saying "hello" to her and not "good afternoon Maam/Admiral", him not noticing the star.:D

If you want your kid to be taken seriously, don't end her name with an "i.":icon_smil

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
And if that picture being on Airwarriors and navy.mil weren't enough, it's also part of an AFN commercial. I just saw it come up while standing watch for a women in the navy mentorship program. We all know how long AFN commercials stick around. I have the feeling I'm going to be seeing it again.