• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Women Aviators

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahall79

I am a female going into the Marine Corps on an air contract. I haven't really seen anything about the females out there, and wanted to know hear from them. Has anyone heard about API for women, in terms of the physical side of things. I don't mind keeping up with the guys, just curious if that was the case. Thanks

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
Howdy -

The swimming standards are the same for everyone - just like the survival stuff for some other types of training, it seems more dependent on how comfortable you are in the water, vice any sort of gender issue. The run is based on both sex and age - you have to score at least a good-low for your group. Have no idea how this works into your NSS, but I think that's where you really need to hang with the guys...

When I got my flight gear and they gave me one of the female flight suits to see how I liked it. As far as I can tell, it's got a longer zipper which may be more functional for long flights, isn't really comfortable to sit in. (I'll give you explicit details off-line if you want...) It's also supposed to be cut for a woman's form with wider hips and narrower shoulders, but I'm pretty thin and haven't noticed anything.

cheers -
Rugger

rahall79

Thanks for the information; I really appreciate it. I know the swim shouldn't be a problem; but I should probably get on the running. Any details about API you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Email me or AIM me anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.