• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wisdom Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

quote:
I got a catagory II dental because he said I had a few teeth that need filling. I have to take care of that before I head back down for OCS.

Heck, I got a class III dental when I showed up for my poopie physical, and they didn't roll me for teeth. Just make sure it's done before week 10 they said, okay, week 10 came and went and I spent 5 days SIQ while I was the RegSubCom. But we were candy-o's for three weeks, so no real vacation there. But they only had time to do one (very recalcitrant), so two weeks after graduation (actually a year ago tomorrow-wohoo!) I went med down/SIQ again for another week, (in A-pool, no job, nothing going on, no class-up date), and I classed up two weeks later. Bottom line: Don't go paying money to have them removed, Navy dentists do a very good job and you get some groovy red pills. You shouldn't get rolled either, heck a buddy of mine in Advanced still has his in.
K

Kraftwerk

Sorry, double post.
Ohbytheway I've also had heinous amounts of other dentalwork done while serving.

Edited by - Kraftwerk on 03/29/2002 14:37:04

Mahler

quote: Don't go paying money to have them removed

Actually, I'm BDCP which includes all active duty benifits including medical and dental. So all I have to do is go down to Luke AFB and see the dentist there for free.

James

Gator

If you are under BDCP and need any kind of dental work done I recommend getting it done beofore you go to OCS. Even if it's just a cleaning. It will save you the hassle of having to get in done later.

fn

I had mine pulled just before I started API and it took about three weeks to fully heal. The good news is that you get a couple days of SIQ and then about a week of light duty. You get the choice of a local or an IV seditive. I chose the local and while your mouth is completely numb, the doc has a knee on you for support while using both hands to yank your teeth out!

Status
Not open for further replies.