• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wisdom Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
Are you required to get your wisdom teeth out before going to OCS? I wasn't sure if that was a medical requirement or not. If anyone knows please let me know. Mine are grown all the way in, but not causing a problem. Thanks.

gin_e

Yea but then you have to spend the first weeks of OCS recovering, not a good time. Some health care plans cover wisdom teeth removal completely, and there are always studies going on that offer free wisdom teeth removal to test pain killers.

whoa WHOA. My wisdom teeth are comin in fine...and so did my brother's. He was fine back in '96 so unless they changed it, wisdom teeth removal isn't necessary unless your teeth are comin in Fed up.

I went to the dentist last week and she told me that you have to get them out. Mine haven't grown in, but they aren't doing anything so I wasn't planning on getting them out... but she says she's heard bad stories about people getting them out by the service, so I guess I'll probalby be getting them taken out before OCS.

orthaj

At USMC OCS they don't even check your teeth. But if you have teeth problems while you are there. Kiss your but goodbye. Teeth should be squared away before you leave.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
Well if I get in, they're comin' out before I go. Otherwise (if I don't get in), I'll keep all four of the' suckers for the rest of my life! I guess the selection board will determine whether they come out or stay in for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.