• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Winter OCS reporting dates (2005 to present)

bcatcher5

Selected OCC 190
My company made me resign if I wanted to go to OCS! They said I was not a reservist or in the national guard; therefore, I had no protection to save my job. I am feeling cheated right now. Is there anything I could do to get my job back? I am going to read these laws inside and out!

Carno

Insane
Actually, you are a reservist. You were sworn into the USMC Reserve weren't you? You swore the same oath everybody else does.

I'm sure you could probably sue to get your job back, but would it really be worth it?

pjxc415

pilot
KBayDog said:
They are talking about Marine Corps OCS.

They are also using the English language, complete sentences, and relatively good grammar.

HAH! I always love a little Marine Corps wit. In reference to the previous question, the Quigley is a combination of water, dirt, mud, snakes, as well as probably both instructor and candidate piss and possibly shit that you will be crawling through. Yummm. No seriously it was nasty, and you boys going in the winter are gonna have the cold version, which is why I therefore give you props. Anyways, when you're going through it, try not to think about how shatty your day is. Think about those Marines out in Iraq who are really in the suck getting shot at on a daily basis. They are the guys that really matter. Hope this gave you a lil scare, but don't worry, the shattiness of the Quigley is nothing compared to the shat you'll take from sergeant instructors.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
pjxc415 said:
HAH! I always love a little Marine Corps wit. In reference to the previous question, the Quigley is a combination of water, dirt, mud, snakes, as well as probably both instructor and candidate piss and possibly shit that you will be crawling through. Yummm. No seriously it was nasty, and you boys going in the winter are gonna have the cold version, which is why I therefore give you props. Anyways, when you're going through it, try not to think about how shatty your day is. Think about those Marines out in Iraq who are really in the suck getting shot at on a daily basis. They are the guys that really matter. Hope this gave you a lil scare, but don't worry, the shattiness of the Quigley is nothing compared to the shat you'll take from sergeant instructors.

We had some guys whining about how nasty and disgusting and how sick we were all getting from it. No suprise, they DOR'd week 4. I figured if my platoon commander, my OSO, and every other Marine officer, past, present, and future (well, with _some_ exceptions), had gone through the muck, it wasn't going to kill me to get through it.

spec05v

Waiting...
A quick update on my experience...

spec05v said:
I've got a call into HR to set up the Military Leave. Thanks

HR dept at JPMChase says I will be on Unpaid Military Leave until I call to be terminated. This leave will begin at the end of my accrued vacation time about 1 week into training. Seems like a good deal to me. The only benefit I can see to said termination is the ability to roll my 401k into an IRA. But, for now its staying right where it is.

VImarine

Well I'm coming straight from getting shot at to OCC in the middle of winter. My wife is gonna give me the boot if I keep doing this to her. LOL