• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wingsuits taken to a new level

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
Why wait till you're terminally ill? The percentage of people who die skydiving is less than people who die in automobile accidents. Plus, it's fun.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I've jumped a wingsuit, but I wouldn't do that, at least not in my current status as a skydiver, not to mention never having done a base jump.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Why wait till you're terminally ill? The percentage of people who die skydiving is less than people who die in automobile accidents. Plus, it's fun.

Total number may be true, but percentages skydiving is definitely going to be higher.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
If the Navy would let me, and I had the cash, I would absolutely do it. Probably towards the top of the list of things to do when I am no longer AD.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None

When I was in college I towed banners, and we shared the field with a sky diving operation. I saw the ambulance out there more times in one summer than I can count, plus two fatalities. Sorry, but I'll take my odds on the road. If I'm jumping out of a plane, it better be on fire.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I'm a jet pilot, I can do it faster and safer.......anyways.....I think it would suck to get a bird strike in the kisser.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I'm a jet pilot, I can do it faster and safer.......anyways.....I think it would suck to get a bird strike in the kisser.

You aren't going to hit a bird... you're not moving nearly fast enough; they will see you and get out of the way.

As for the level of danger involved in skydiving... c'mon. It's very safe. The people that die doing it are, for the most part, doing something stupid. If you're not interested in going, that's great, but please, don't try to talk about the dangers involved without really knowing about them.