• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wings Over Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If anyone in the Houston area is planning on going to the Airshow Oct 15-17, It looks like I'll be taking a T-45 up there for it. So if you want to check out the jet and ask some questions, I'll be the clown running around in a flight suit w/o wings :)

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
squeeze said:
If anyone in the Houston area is planning on going to the Airshow Oct 15-17, It looks like I'll be taking a T-45 up there for it. So if you want to check out the jet and ask some questions, I'll be the clown running around in a flight suit w/o wings :)

If I am in town that weekend, I'll go. Just keep us updated on the info.

EngineGirl

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds cool. It'd be a bit of a road trip for me (Austin) but it might be worth the drive. I haven't seen a good air show in years! Then again, I guess I could just fly over there... do you know where I can find out when the airport will be closing for GA?

KSUFLY

pilot
Call and check the notams for the airshow a day or two ahead or just give the control tower a call and they might know.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:

Seriously, the angle that your profile picture is taken at reminds me of the TIE Fighter pilots in Star Wars.

Ok, I'm a big dork.

SFgirl

EngineGirl said:
If I am in town that weekend, I'll go. Just keep us updated on the info.

EngineGirl
Ditto... especially because I only can if EngineGirl is there or I am accomodationless... :)

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Seriously, the angle that your profile picture is taken at reminds me of the TIE Fighter pilots in Star Wars.

Ok, I'm a big dork.

dork :p

edit: stupid 10 char min

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
ben said:
Sounds cool. It'd be a bit of a road trip for me (Austin) but it might be worth the drive. I haven't seen a good air show in years!

If I'm here that weekend, you, SFGirlfriend, and Crysmc are staying with me (if ya want).....plus all the animals.....

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Oh man I would pay to come see you deal with all of this!!! I am guessing it will take all of about 3 people b4 you start feeling like you want to FOD the engine with your own body...

"I read that the max AOA ...."

"My neighbor told me that the holes are secret ray gun emplacements...."

Too bad my buddy from school (squeeze you know who I am talking about,) won't be the one there... he is slightly more tolerant.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He'll be the one that's Hung Over with the Dark shades and breath mints (or GUM)....he he. I remember doing those "Static Displays" Enjoy!
ea6bflyr

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ea6bflyr said:
He'll be the one that's Hung Over with the Dark shades and breath mints (or GUM)....he he. I remember doing those "Static Displays" Enjoy!
ea6bflyr

zing!
I hear they throw some pretty cool shindigs for airshow personnel/attendees.

petescheu

squeeze-
how big is this thing supposed to be btw, thunderbirds or anything like that (im sure no blues considering present situation)? thx

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
it's a pretty big airshow usually. this year they have the thunderbirds booked and a few other 'feature acts' i suppose. as always, everyone will have to endure pearl harbor being bombed again (anyone who has seen a CAF airshow knows what im talking about), but it should be a good time. i'm just hoping the weather cooperates.

http://www.wingsoverhouston.com/index.htm

ps - I took the only T-45 slot so don't even think about it :icon_tong

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Ben and who ever else is interested:

I called about flying into the air show and as long as you are on the ground by 9 am and don't need to leave before 530ish pm, then it will be no problem. I am thinking about doing it, but not sure if I want to be there all day with the kids and no way to leave if need be. Still think it would be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.